lp5935

Soft Plastic Injection Machines

On 2/28/2023 at 5:52 PM, hpssports said:

We use the Hot Runner Machines. Speed will depend on the size of molds you're using. Most of our molds are at least 12"x12" or 13"x13" & we can go through 5 gallons of plastic an hour.

Post a video, I want to see this.

On 2/23/2023 at 12:04 AM, lp5935 said:

Does anybody know of any desent companies that make small plastic injection machines other than Jacobs? Looking for something that works a little faster. Thanks for your feed back in advance.

In all honesty, small or large Shooting Star is more than likely what you are looking for. You're going to spend $2000.00 - $3000.00 to get one. Other than that to get into higher volume you're into $30k - $75k machines with large production molds ($8k+ each)

• Like 1

I have the “full kit” of Jacobs Shooting Star and find it versatile.  It has the large set of pots and the small set.  Both are outstanding for laminates.  The temp control system is sensitive and predictable, allowing me to dial in the viscosity for the job.  There are multiple injectors, and a separate heated “port” so I always have hot injectors.  

I really don’t use it anymore though. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 9:10 AM, Miamisheriff said:

Hot Runner Machines (Brad Selph  Austin, Texas) has gained a very bad reputation for his business practices.

Buyer beware....

If and once you do have your machine built, replace all o rings with nitrile buna rings and the quick clip air connecters with quality 90 degree swivel connectors . The silicone O rings used just don't cut the mustard and the air line clips are a design flaw on the lids

Apart from these flaws and the time and woeful excuses , they are a solid machine  

Edited by The Plastics Man

5 hours ago, Miamisheriff said:

$5000.00 plus shipping is a lot for a flawed design and woeful excuses. 8 months to delivery is ridiculous. If you even get it. Once again... Buyer Beware!

I must have got him during a bad year. Took over 12 months from build to delivery. You got express service I see. I hear and agree with your warnings.

I disputed it with my CC company after 6 months of BS from Hot Runner. Took a while to get settled but I got my money back. Ended up buying from the original manufacturer of this design. It was delivered 10 days after being ordered. It works great and is super easy to use. I can pump out a ton of baits in short time now. 

On 4/29/2023 at 6:19 PM, Painter1 said:

I have the “full kit” of Jacobs Shooting Star and find it versatile.  It has the large set of pots and the small set.  Both are outstanding for laminates.  The temp control system is sensitive and predictable, allowing me to dial in the viscosity for the job.  There are multiple injectors, and a separate heated “port” so I always have hot injectors.  

I really don’t use it anymore though. 

CORRECTION:  mine is an Ultra-Molds Shooting Star.  Not using it and it’s a shame for it to just sit there. Open to an offer.