Slammingjack

Blue lead

I have two batches of about 5o lbs. each. Not from the same place. One batch has a blue like vein running through it. Which makes the blue lead on the surface be rough and sometimes pitted. I tried cleaning the lead again with candle wax. But It didn't help. Do you know a way to fix it? Or should I just get rid of it? 

i don't know what your lead looks like, but my guess is that it is pure lead. if i put a small amount of hard lead with blue lead it usually makes it shiny not blue. in 50 lbs of blue lead 1 lb of hard should do the trick. 

this is what google says;

Lead is a chemical element with the symbol Pb (from the Latin plumbum) and atomic number 82. It is a heavy metal that is denser than most common materials. Lead is soft and malleable, and also has a relatively low melting point. When freshly cut, lead is a shiny gray with a hint of blue.

i have had some that is more than a hint of blue. it was dark blue and was 99.9% pure.