Mbirdsley

Do it GRC-7-A help

I bought the do-it mold  GRC-7-A. Which, is the gama swim head mold.  I would like to make light wire swim bait jig heads.  With the mold I purchased 1/0,2/0, and 3/0  eagle claw L3052 light wire jig hooks.  The 1/0 and 2/0 work fine.  However, the 3/0 will not fit in the 1/4oz spot.  I have the gama 114 and owner 5101 lite wire hooks in 1/0 and they will fit in the 1/16 spot 

Even when I try the eagle claw 570 3/0 hook it is slightly crooked.  Should I try differnt brands of hooks like the gama 114 in 3/0 or the owner hook?  Can I kill out the eye slot further to the right with a dremel? 

37BCB951-FA7B-43A1-9D2B-110C60CC9F5B.jpeg

1 hour ago, smalljaw said:

The reason the hooks don't fit is the 604 the mold calls for has a shorter leg than the other hooks. Try a VMC 7249 or the Victory 10604, both of those should work.

I will try those hooks.  On the other plate out of the view of the camera it also says eagle claw 570 or 575 hook.  I tried a 3/0 red 570 and it fit better but, the hook is still a tad off center and crooked 

7 hours ago, Mbirdsley said:

I bought the do-it mold  GRC-7-A. Which, is the gama swim head mold.  I would like to make light wire swim bait jig heads.  With the mold I purchased 1/0,2/0, and 3/0  eagle claw L3052 light wire jig hooks.  The 1/0 and 2/0 work fine.  However, the 3/0 will not fit in the 1/4oz spot.  I have the gama 114 and owner 5101 lite wire hooks in 1/0 and they will fit in the 1/16 spot 

Even when I try the eagle claw 570 3/0 hook it is slightly crooked.  Should I try differnt brands of hooks like the gama 114 in 3/0 or the owner hook?  Can I kill out the eye slot further to the right with a dremel? 

The VMC 7249 will fit in this mold.

IMG_5761.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark poulson said:

You can also use a drill press to extend the hook eye spot so the larger hooks fit.

That is what I was thinking.  I will try the other hooks mentioned first. then decide if that’s the route I want to go with milling out the hook placement on the mold 

• Like 1