Hillbilly voodoo

What uv lights are using for curing resin?

Well I don’t sign in here often anymore do to the level of spam that hits the forum but figured I would ask a question here before wasting more money 

I am redoing my uv box to include a rotisserie to level the resin more evenly rather than hanging. Lures are between 5-8inch. Box is 24x22inch

Been using a couple crappy black lights in my original box that work but too slowly and want something more efficient. I ordered two options from Amazon that said they were correct nm and watts but they don’t work worth a crap 

resin says 365-405nm min 24 watts 

anyone ever try 463nm light even though outside the specs?

if you are running a larger uv box for resin what lights are you using?

Whats shakin Voodoo?

I have found that using a pair of these, as close to both sides of the lure as you can get, as in a few inches on each side

usually means 5min is enough, though you could go 10 if you want. I use the 2 foot version, but there is also the 4 footer.

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 9.47.57 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The one I use is 395 to 400nm and does a great job on the no-name uv resin I bought on amazon.  Mine is only 10w but I don't do a lot of baits at one time.  Try to set up so lures get as close as possible to the light.  Cure time increases pretty quickly with distance for me.

• Like 1