Zach

Mesh for reinforcement

I’m sure this has been hashed over and I have researched here and other areas.

I’m needing a mesh to reinforce a small 2 1/2” worm. I have tried tulle, fish scale mesh, mosquito net and they will not stay attached to the hook. The worm is being tied on the hook. I’m looking for the mesh like Egret Baits uses in their VUDU shrimp.

Thanks

It might help if you could post a pic of the mesh you're talking about.  I've never used VUDU shrimp and I'm sure many others have not either. I've used a product called "Fish Bites" that has mesh in it and the mesh is plenty  strong. I think it may just be cheese cloth.  For mesh embedded in soft plastic it has to be capable of withstanding the temperature of hot plastic during pouring. I'd expect almost anything synthetic to melt or weaken at those temperatures (>300 deg F). A lot of netting, tulle, etc. is made of nylon, and that is likely to melt. Rayon is probably not a good idea either. Cotton would probably hold up as would an aramid (ie. kevlar) if you can find that type of material.