Jig Man

Looking for a mold

On 6/4/2023 at 11:31 AM, Jig Man said:

That’s something to think about.  Thanks.

Jig Man I have been trying to find the same thing. The Manic Mullet has been considered by me as well, but it doesn’t have the 90° hook eye like the Guppy head. We use 2.8 Kitechs on a 3/8oz Guppy head with a 1/0 hook to drag ditches on Lake Lanier in the winter. I tried the Diner Shiner, but the wire bait keeper just doesn’t cut it. Also the head is a little big since there’s no lead bait keeper. It’s not uncommon to loose 3-4 guppy heads every trip. That gets expensive in a hurry when they are $6 a pack 

I know you said you weren't a wire keeper fan, but I've seen several people use jigs from this mold with their keitech-style swimbaits.

https://barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Swimbait-Head-Jig-Mold-P3763/

signal-2023-06-06-07-46-11-762.thumb.png.04b4d0e6e68fdcfea8b07901fad8aaef.png

Got a 90 degree hook on it too.

Maybe not your cup of tea, but thought I'd throw it out there, just in case you like the look of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Jig Is Up said:

Another option that is a little outside the box is the Herring Head Mold! It's designed for making underspins, but if you go sans-underspin I'm sure the fish would still eat it!

https://barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Herring-Head-Jig-Molds-P3289/

signal-2023-06-06-07-49-11-637.thumb.png.539dc9a1e5543aa56c1d024e2e7e8a55.png

Takes a 90 degree hook and has a lead bait keeper.

Do you own this mold? The Herring Head mold would be perfect for me, if I can use a 1/0 hook. We use a lot of 3/8oz guppy heads with the 1/0 hooks

22 hours ago, GaBasser said:

Do you own this mold? The Herring Head mold would be perfect for me, if I can use a 1/0 hook. We use a lot of 3/8oz guppy heads with the 1/0 hooks

I do not, but you can contact the fine folks at Barlow's Tackle and they should be able to give you info on what hooks fit in that mold.

They have a handy chart already that captures most of this, but I know they are more than happy to reply with more specific mold-hook info.

Hope that helps!

• Like 2