bluechalice

Where to find Mini Screw eyes?

Hi Guys...I am looking for some micro eye screws...I have seen in some catalog that they have the 1/4inch ones...but the eye is still kinda big...I am looking for something with a tiny eye and with a thread lenght of around 4 or 5mm long...does anyone know where I can find some? I saw some tiny ones at Micromark catalog but they don't have threads on them...more like a tiny nail...

I've used sst cotter keys and spinnerbait wire pins for hinging small jointed baits.

With those baits, I only had a hook hanger in the first section, so there was no real strain on the hinge connections.

But I wasn't able to remove the cotter pins, which had their tag ends folded back to make V shapes, once I'd glued them into the holes I had drilled.

I used a .072 sst screw eye for the line tie, and a swivel for the hook hanger, because it was shorter and lighter than the screw eye.

Contact me I have been trying to find a way to make my own

Thanks

Here's a link to a thread about making barrel twist hook hangers and line ties. Click on the link in one of Vodkamans replies and it will carry you to a video he made showing how he manually makes them. I think it's the 7'th post from the top.

Ben

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/23014-hook-hangers/page__p__172143__hl__+barrel%20+twist#entry172143