Derek Edge

Hello Everyone

This is my very first post on this forum and I just wanted to introduce myself and post my first couple of questions. Of course my name is Derek and I live in Dublin, Ga. I am an advid bass fisherman but only get to make a couple of tourneys a year. My favorite being the one here in my hometown on our local river. As a matter of fact, most of my bass fishing time is spent on this river (boat landing is only 2 miles away), trying to figure out just how these fish react to different conditions.

I have been tossing the idea around of pouring some of my own baits, though I have yet purchased anything that I need. Being a "pitching & flipping" guy, my favorite baits are jig n pigs, tubes and Texas rigged, 8" Dead Ringers, but I have been known to throw a few spinnerbaits, crankbaits and Carolina rigs a few times each trip out ;). Anyway, about the plastics, the main thing I want to try pouring are some sort of craw chunk (which, I've pretty much already found the mold for) and something that resembles the action of the 8" Dead Ringer. I have looked at most all the molds on Del-Marts, Bobs Tackle Shop, Zeiners and etc but havn't found a decent looking curly-tail type worm between 6 and 8". Does anyone know of a mold that may not be shown on these sites that resembles this type of bait? Sorry this got so long, guess I had more to say than I originally thought.

Welcome to TU :)

For a worm that size you might have to go to LureCraft. But they don't make aluminum molds, only rtv :cry: But once you have the mold you want, you could make your own mold. Or...if you have a worm that you want to copy, you could make your own mold from the start.

Whats up Derek...I'm in Valdosta...Welcome to TU!!!

I think I would attempt to mold my own worm as most of the molds in that size that are mass produced are tough to pour to me.

I would be glad to help you get some going out of resin or plaster. Blast me an email or give me a ring...I'll pm you my cell...

Glad to have another GA boy aboard!!!!

Jim