borderbasser

Berkley Crawdad Candy???

Alright guys, I don't have much hair in my head left(or plastic) after trying to duplicate this one. :rolleyes: Is any one familiar with this color? If so, I would greatly appreciate ANY help. I would post a picture, but I dont think the pic would give an accurate representation of the color. If any of you "superpourers" would be interested, I'll send you a few production baits in the mail, along with a little cash for your troubles, plastic, etc. if you would like to take a stab at it. I'm pretty desperate, since this color is the reason I started pouring my own baits in the first place. In the meantime I'll keep trying. As always, thanks in advance! :)

BB - take a shot and post a pic :wink:

Even if it's not great, we might be able to give you some ideas that you haven't tried. The neat thing is that 10 different guys might come up with 10 different combos to make the same color!

Maybe one of the combos suggested, will have that 'magic' color you haven't added yet?

Even if you can find it on the net somewhere, post a pic. I think somebody could get close for you.

If you want to drop one in the mail to me, I'll take a stab as I see it as a challenge and a good diversion from just working from my recipe book!!!

Jim

PM me...

GB, Thanks for the offer. I'm gonna be on the water the next couple of days, but I'll try to send you a couple ASAP. I haven't checked yet, but if your shipping address is not on your .com, you can e-mail me at wiskeyunit167@yahoo.com. I'll also post a few pics, but I think it is gonna be tough. It is a laminated bait, but it is very difficult to see the two different colors without holding it up to a light. I wasn't even sure it was a laminated bait until just the other day through closer examination. Thanks a million for the help!

TJ

Hmmmm........this one looks like a challenge.

I would start with something simple. Looks to me like a light watermelon over a light amber brown with large black flake. Also looks like there might be some kinda rose colored flake in there?? Red might work, but possibly a little too bright.

OK...I've got some of these worms. Chris from Al's worms pours this color I'm sure!!!!

It is a light watermelon brown with medium black and small red on the bottom and tomato color (LC) medium black and small red on the belly....

The colors are completely translucent and from the top, the tomato looks more orange as the green affects the color...

From the side you can see it pretty good though. Very hard to get a good picture of for sure!!!!

I think I would start with just 2 drops of tomato (LC) in 4oz for the belly and the same of watermelon brown (M-F) in 4oz for the top...you might have to add a 1/2 drop (if you can) of pumpkinseed to the tomato as there might be a hint of brown there. I think the tomato might get you close enough though....

If I can go back in the cobwebs, I'm sure I remember a several bait styles in this color from Chris on EBay...Sure his are a lot better fish getters as these worms are hard!!!!

Jim

Chris....this is like your green tomato color I think....

I did play around with it a bit and the tomato is correct for the orange red color...2 to 3 drops in 4oz is real close...

The other color got me going though...I thought a light watermelon or lime green would get it but something was missing....

I was about to give up and went on to try some new colors I bought from M-F....Amber green was the first....Guess what color that makes....the whiskey color (light yellow green brown) that was real popular for a while and may be in some places still...

Well, I added a 2 drops of watermelon brown to that and BINGO...the other color was there...So try this for the other color TJ... 4oz plastic 12 drops of amber green (M-F) and 2 drops of watermelon brown (M-F).

In both colors, I added medium black flake (pinch) and small red flake (pinch) to match the original worm....

I will pour some 10" worms this weekend and see if I can get a good picture of them. The colors are very translucent so getting a good photo is tough. The whiskey color (amber brown) was so nice that I used it for some split tails for my weekend fishing plans!!!!! Should be a great producer in the clear water I'm heading to.

Jim