B&D Custom Lures

Spin Casting Machine

I am working that way but have not gotten their yet. I am still trying to find materials to make a vulcanizing frame and vulcanize in oven or ? I was talking to others and they said the mold is pressurized when pouring and I was thinking of just having a large weight on top. Send me a pic of what you made go_rob_go at yahoo.com

There are some used machines out there if you can locate them, that would be more in the price range for a beginner at spin casting. That is the way I started out and if was the ticket for me, within my budget and met my production needs. I do have a used machine if anyone is interested.

you guys missed out. I was watching an auction on ebay for 3 spincasting machines(2 were pretty new) a vulcanizer, 2 different sized mold frames and a lead pot. they just sold today for $3800. Not horribly bad but they sat as 1200 for a long while and for that price I would have bough them. I cant swing 3800 now though. Id love to get the equipment and start a little tackle business on the side. Pretty hard to find equip though, espically dirt cheap.

• Like 1

I am working that way but have not gotten their yet. I am still trying to find materials to make a vulcanizing frame and vulcanize in oven or ? I was talking to others and they said the mold is pressurized when pouring and I was thinking of just having a large weight on top. Send me a pic of what you made go_rob_go at yahoo.com

robbor i use econosil silicone some of my molds are6 inches thickwww.fdjtool.com.it is soft as putty but in the oven at 400 degrees it becomes solid.you have to use baby powder as a seperator also also i use two alum. plates top and bottom with a c clamp does the job for me.some of my molds are 6 inches thick

• Like 1

I dont have the pics avail, where ever i used to have them hosted at I dont remember. MY mold frame is for making hand pour molds. I made 2 frames my large fram has a cavity that is about 3"X4"X1.25 and then I have 1/2" top and bottem plates. The whole deal is drilled for 5/16 bolts to clamp and it really needs it, I broke a 1/4 so I redrilled and went bigger. I use mica powder because I had it for my reloading stuff. It has worked fine. I am seriously considering making a 9" spincasting mold frame though, I believe the casting will go much better and faster. They only use about 10psi to clamp of that, some just use weights, though about springs though also. I used whit unvulcanized silicone from conquest, they quote me about $25 per is I bought 5 sets of sil. They actually quoted me that proce for 1-2 sets but when I drove all they down there they charged me atleast 40, I will put the screws to them if/when I go back to get more. I am going to take a milling class and want to make my own crappie jig mold for masters then I will work on moving to spincasting.

Certainly interested in discussing this further and sharing and swapping ideas with people. Also in looking at others pics and details. Spincasting of SPs certainly seems the way to go and will probably head that way myself. Please feel free to email me with any pics or details you have. Thanks, David

I am going to be building one and was thinking of putting it on you tube as a step by step. It will require you to have: 

1. Knowledge of casting metals

2. Knowledge of casting epoxy resin

3. Common sense, lol

I have been mechanically inclined since the 1980s in the automotive field and see thousands of ways to make one. But I am gonna try to keep it as simple as I can.

Email lockdownking at gmail and I will send you back a link. No need to subscribe. Not interested in building a following.