Predator Bass Baits

Took the big leap and ordered the pressure pot from LC

LOL, I was checking it out better today as it gets picked up tomorrow, alot of wire connectors on this thing was loose, even the wire clamps to hold wires in the boxes was not even tightened up.

The wire for the unit is a Teflon/Glass Hi-temp wire made for it and that came from the manufacture so it has to be safe, it was just the builder that was not.

I have a Friend that is going to help me build one of these as he builds stuff for his Job, he drew up some nice plans.

It will take us a bit to get it done and I will post pic's when completed

We are thinking safety first and will enclose all the electrics.

I am geek-ed.

Don't forget you have to use hi-temp connectors on the high temp wire also, use the alum cheap ones and they will burn out.

regular crimping pliers won't work , you will need to buy a quality crimper from home depot or electric supply house.

Just out of curiosity did you order this thing from lure craft and now your sending it back, and going to build a new one yourself? thats what it sounds like to me.

for $1995 thats not a bad deal. I thought it was just the pot.

there is a few things that need to be fixed, mainly due to libility issues, one serious probem besides the electrical is the pressure relief valve.

that needs to have a cover around it and the regulator needs to be put in back of the unit.

reason being , most guys dont check or drain the compressor for water and install the proper water separator. water and plastic dont mix to well.

the pressure relief valve should be covered in the event that it does go off the user wont get steam or anything hot blown on them.

from the regulator to the air intake you should run blue industrial tubing with quick connects( forget the name we ran them on all the press's I designed and built for motorola)

the pressure relief valve should be also added ( first one taken out) to the back of the machine on top via itself and not hooked to the airline. hooking it to the airline might give it a false reading since air is being shot in at the same area, and it wont function properly as a safety device.

those are a few minor fix's that can be done for $50 -$100

with time involved again thats not a bad deal at all, if they made those above changes they wouldnt have any libility issues that I could see, except for maybe a guard that is put in front of the valve were the platic comes out. for example if the valve failed or was left open it would splatter on the user.

Delw

for $1995 thats not a bad deal. I thought it was just the pot.

there is a few things that need to be fixed, mainly due to libility issues, one serious probem besides the electrical is the pressure relief valve.

that needs to have a cover around it and the regulator needs to be put in back of the unit.

reason being , most guys dont check or drain the compressor for water and install the proper water separator. water and plastic dont mix to well.

the pressure relief valve should be covered in the event that it does go off the user wont get steam or anything hot blown on them.

from the regulator to the air intake you should run blue industrial tubing with quick connects( forget the name we ran them on all the press's I designed and built for motorola)

the pressure relief valve should be also added ( first one taken out) to the back of the machine on top via itself and not hooked to the airline. hooking it to the airline might give it a false reading since air is being shot in at the same area, and it wont function properly as a safety device.

those are a few minor fix's that can be done for $50 -$100

with time involved again thats not a bad deal at all, if they made those above changes they wouldnt have any libility issues that I could see, except for maybe a guard that is put in front of the valve were the platic comes out. for example if the valve failed or was left open it would splatter on the user.

Delw

This is the 2 1/2 gal pot not the 5 gal pot, and all that you mentioned plus all the wireing problems , I would think the wireing is more critical then the fittings,

The best job done on this set-up is the mouse trap.

From a libility issue both are equally the same.

the pot for the price is not bad, If I had the need for one I would buy it in a heart beat. I would also buy it just like it is also, as I dont mind fixing the wiring and stuff.

to the general public those things need to be fixed first so they dont have libility issues.

90% of the general public couldn't put a hose clamp on a water hose, things like this need to be taken into effect when selling something like this to the general public.

in all honesty time and materials( like what I see there) 2k is a fair price, no one on this board or anywhere else could make something like that for 2k if they count there time in at $50 per hour. you will have more time in looking for parts than the 2000 k they sell them for. not to mention making a profit on it.

oh yeah I know someone will find a way to make it lots cheaper but they are not counting in there time in. most could probally have made the same one in materials only for about 500 bucks.

like I said its a fair deal when you consider time and profit. just some bugs need to be worked out, which I am sure they are already working on.

No they did not clamp any wires down,

That paint can is cheap, Would it work with plastic ?

The Aluminum preasure pot for a 2 1/2 gal is $280

Heat element and temp controller is about $560 the AC motor is $120 a DC motor is $290, open box speed control is $50, closed box speed control is $160

I figured what I received from L C has about $1100 in material.

It all really depends on how nice of a pot you want to make. I had bought this pot just to learn the concepts of how it works but did not use it for production, we have a traditional injection machine for that, a lot safer. I had tons of parts and resources available at no cost so I was way ahead of the game.

I guess keeping it simple to start is the key. I have seen the drum warmers / heat bands that you mention and they would probably work to keep plastic hot.

Is it speed your looking to gain, or being able to inject molds for fine detail?

Both, inject and open pour so yes it would need to be air driven, what injection do you have ?

The pot By looking at dels link on his site is $159. The pot I got from LC came with a book and I looked up the website, they want $270, and it looks like it is the same pot.

http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com/americancooker.htm

https://store.wafco.com/ezmerchant/home.nsf