Shawn M

Fish pic

Hi guys,

I thought you may like to see a picture of one of the local fish here in Korea. It is called a freshwater river tarpon, though I've caught most in reservoirs. I don't target these fish because I don't know much about them, but caught a few last year fishing for bass. The one I caught today was the largest for me. From what a friend told me, this one is pretty big.

You can see some dirt on it, they are kinda slimy and it got away from me, but she swam away just fine.

Shawn

Tarpon.JPG

Tarpon.JPG

Tarpon.JPG

Tarpon.JPG

Tarpon.JPG

Tarpon.JPG

Tarpon.JPG

1987_thumb.attach

The bass fishing here is pretty good. There aren't many lakes that rent boats so you are basically stuck walking the bank. A 5 lb bass is a real nice bass here, but I've seen pictures of bass up to 8 lbs. My largest is 6.

There are a lot of rivers and lakes and most have bass. There aren't a lot of people that fish for bass (compared to the States), but it is getting more popular every year. It is not a native species so a majority of people think that the bass and bluegills are destroying the native fish. Similiar to the concerns in the States about the exotic species like the snakehead.

I still practice catch and release anyway!

Shawn

I know that this question may be somewhat off the subject but I have always wondered if the prices and the variety of fishing reels was better over there? I bet that it would be nice to know someone who works in a fishing reel factory? How about the reels that have a small defect in the paint or something, what do they do with those?