ragfly

a few questions

1) I have the presto pouring pot... I was using a wood spatula to stir with but just found out that it causes air bubbles. So what can I use that will not scratch the teflon lining?

2) when using glitter I add it just before I pour then stir it occassionally, but I still have alot of glitter on tht bottom left over. The first few tries I used way to mch glitter. Any tips on glitter?

1) I have the presto pouring pot... I was using a wood spatula to stir with but just found out that it causes air bubbles. So what can I use that will not scratch the teflon lining?

2) when using glitter I add it just before I pour then stir it occassionally, but I still have alot of glitter on tht bottom left over. The first few tries I used way to mch glitter. Any tips on glitter?

1. You won't find to much anything that won't scratch the teflon, Anything hard will scratch it.

Might try some high temp. plastic kitchen tools?

2. I knew this would be brought up with guys using these pots sooner or later. its going to be a problem. even if you throw a mixer in there glitter will settle.

I am guessing the pot is not round? if its round then you need to fabricate a mixer that is pretty close to the edge and bottom of the pot( say with in a half inch). if its not your S.O.L.

a few things that might help. is to lower you temp on your plastic so the glitter will stay more suspended, this might make it a problem to pour however.

the other thing to do is just live with it and stir it as much as you can.

one other idea I had is one of those cake mixers that occolates(sp) and spins at the same time ( kitchen air or something like that), as the thing spins the head moves a little bit . That might work if the speed is slow and you fabricate a blade for it, not saying it will but it popped into my head and seems it would work better than hand stirring.

Delw

Ragfly: Look into building a stirrer. You can do it pretty inexpensively and it makes it a whole lot easier. I poured 60 trick worms yesterday in no time. That is with one 5 cavity mold. Once I get my new molds I will be able to spit that out in about 30 mins if that long. Saint.

If you are using any type of salt, the Presto Pot will scratch no matter what you use to stir. We tried the high temperature spatula but it is a real pain in the rear to clean. For some reason the plastic and glitter sticks to the spatula. We designed something very similar to what Saint has.