Predator Bass Baits

spider jig ?

Hi guy's,

What is the diff. with spider jigs and flipping jigs ?

I see allot out there but what qualities should I look for in getting a couple. ?

We have a guy up here that is beating the crap out of everyone in 2 different tournaments, and rummer has it he is using these jigs and just flipping or pitching in 6 to 12 foot of water.

Thanks.

Spider jigs are usually smaller and have thinner skirts and most of the time use a grub as a trailer. They also are made using some sort of a stand up head design, they work really well on pressured fish because of the smaller size, plus the thinner skirt combined with the stand up head really lets the skirt flare out. You can make them using the poisontail jig head in 1/8 or 1/4oz with a 20-25 strand fine cut silicone skirt and a really good trailer for them is the back end of a Mann's auger tail worm, very little movement will make it come to life.

Spider jigs are made up most of the time with a weedless ballhead with 2 pads of skirting with the upper portion of the skirt cut flush with the top of the head of the jig you can pretty much use any trailer you want but I like to use twin tail grubs like zooms fat alberts or yum gonzo grubs. Like the link below.

https://jewelbait.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=JBC&Category_Code=PSJ

the original spider jig used a plastic tube skirt with both ends slit into multiple strands followed by a double tail trailer. the head had a molded-in barb to hold the skirt and trailer and it also had a very heavy mono weed guard that was inserted into the trailer. it was amazing how the fish hit those things the first year or 2.

Thanks guy's sorry I did not see posts on this lately.

I did end up making some with my poison tail and put one of my poured speed craws on it as a tail and went out and caught some smallies in the channel of my favorite spots.

Pop, any green pumpkin skirts you want to let go of ?

predatorbassbaits@charter.net