Slammingjack

Two Colour Pop

First I want to say what a great site this is. To all of you who post thank you for the info. I know from a shrimping site in Florida that peeps ask the same stuff over and over. I didn't want to ask until I tried to find it myself. but for same reason the search won't let you use the word color lol

Anyway is there a way to use two colors in a one part pop mold without messing it up? I want to have the tail one and the body a diff. color.

Thank you, Nova Do you warm the pop mold in an oven or micowave? If oven temp and time please. Is this something i should do every time or just in this case? Thank you for your time.

I don't pour in POP molds, but have dabbled in pouring different color tails in my silicone molds, and it definitely helps when the mold is warmed up to temperature.  The second color needs to be poured as soon as you can while the first color is still liquid is just starting to solidify.  A cold mold will cure that first color faster, so there is the issue. 

What I have been doing is pouring my one color baits first, then do the two color baits last after the mold is quite warm.   If all I am going to do is the two color, I'll heat up some garbage plastic and pour 10 or 12 baits just to warm the mold some.

Thank you, Nova Do you warm the pop mold in an oven or micowave? If oven temp and time please. Is this something i should do every time or just in this case? Thank you for your time.

All I do is melt some old plastic that i keep for this particular reason in the micro. I pour the plastic in the mold to the point of overflowing and let it set there while I prepare the "real" mixture for pouring. This will give enough time to pre-heat the mold.

Edited by nova