finlander

'clanking' noise from a spinnerbait

Finlander,I have never seen this.Not to say I have seen it all either!I have seen plenty of buzzbaits with clackers though.

Can you get hold of a pic or email me the link to what you have read?

I have doubled up the front blade,pop riveted two blades together and all sorts of stuff but never tried to get the blade to clack against the arm or the body.This would be very interesting to see!

Blades

Here's an article that mentions spinner blades hitting the head

http://www.fishontario.com/articles/muskie-master/bill-craig/index.html

"Craig discovered that trolling large safety-pin spinners just below the surface really turned on muskie, at least the giants he was after. However, he wasn't satisfied with any lure until he stumbled on the Hawg Spin, and even then, he felt the need to adjust the basic design. "I found with Mike Fudally's spinners that you had to bend the arm back so that the blades clatter together on the weighted head," he said. "When I sent the doctored baits back to Mike, he just couldn't believe that I was trolling with them. "

Here's an article that mentions spinner blades hitting the head

http://www.fishontario.com/articles/muskie-master/bill-craig/index.html

"Craig discovered that trolling large safety-pin spinners just below the surface really turned on muskie' date=' at least the giants he was after. However, he wasn't satisfied with any lure until he stumbled on the Hawg Spin, and even then, he felt the need to adjust the basic design. "I found with Mike Fudally's spinners that you had to bend the arm back so that the blades clatter together on the weighted head," he said. "When I sent the doctored baits back to Mike, he just couldn't believe that I was trolling with them. "[/quote']

Hi, New to this forum, found it while looking for lure tips. I have actually fished on a Bill Craig charter, some guy!!!! Anyway, the method is to straighten the wire from the lead head so it is in-line with the main lure body, this allows the blades, willow normally, to hit the head; It works and makes lots of noise. You can do this on any spinner bait and get the same effect. Fudallys are hard to get in Canada and break after a few fish, hence looking at making my own.