ldzoller

Anybody ever try...

Has anyone ever tried one of those two piece molds that Janns Netcraft sells? I've been looking at the 4" single tail grub mold. It cost around $5.50. I was just wondering if I should avoid it. Anyone with experience here would be very helpful. Thanks

Yes, you can make your own molds for pennies. I use Durham's Water Putty, but a lot of the guys use plaster of paris. I think Durham's is harder and less likely to break. Do a search and check out all of the molds being made. Try a one piece mold first. Don't expect the first one to come out perfect. Perfection comes with practice whether you are makin molds or catchin fish.

Cal

Darrin, I have been using those two piece molds for about twenty-five years and I have had good results. I own about sixty-five of those molds, but I bought them, as I said twenty-five years ago, and not from Janns. I bought them from the oringinal company for about two dollars each. I have been burnt from the plastic, you have to be careful with any hot material you are around. These molds make a very good product. Later<>< <>< <>< Jack