Gloomisman

Floating plastic

G: I have taken a look at Dels floating plastic, and was not impressed ( no offense to April & Del). Basically, it calls for mixing the floating plastic with regular plastic before pouring. That seem like a whole lot of extra work, and I am not interested in extra work. I also have some MF floating additive, but have not tried it yet. I have heard too many stories about these bubbles and health risk. I keep telling myself that I will try it one day, but that day has not come. I am very interested in hearing more about these bubbles, as I am also trying to get the illusive floating frog. Saint.

Na, not using any salt. About the only thing I salt anymore is sticks.

I have seen the floating plastic but didnt know you had to mix it. Thats not a big deal to me as long as it floats real good. I would rather mix the plastics then add some type of bubbles.

I like to fish a frog real slow and hop it across the weeds and let it sit on top of them or on an edge. The problem is the frogs tend to sink with a hook.

The Calhoun floating plastic is made with the 3m micro bubbles. it saves the customer of having to buy bubbles and mixing it not only that it , its less hazardous then buying the bubbles.

The compound was org. made for a company and they use it just like we sell it, however they use a heat exchanger and have the proper heat which can be regulated.

The reason we suggest mixing it with regular plastic is so that people that are inexperianced have a better way to cook it. If you don't know what your doing you can over cook it and burn it.

The compound is thick but does pour ok in the bigger 2 piece molds and the open one sided molds. Ive used it straight and so have some of my customers. I personally would rather used it mixed as its much easier.

if your not watching the cooking process you can burn it.

the main problem people have is that they don't mix it well enough.

you cant shake it, its needs to be mixed with a egg beater to use straight for best results.

When I have to mix the 55 gal drum it takes 3-6 hours of mixing before I can pour it into smaller containers to sell. The bubbles rise to the tops rather quickly (4-8 hours).

this is one reason we sell it in Jars with big lids and 1 gallon paint pails. that way the customer can stick and egg beater in there and whip it up.

one other reason we suggest mixing it with regular plastic is because a 6" super fluke made with the compound will float a 1oz weight. yes its that bouyant.

the plastic formula that they mix with the bubbles is regular calhoun plastic.

again its just an additive that you add to your plastic, kinda like our hardener, those who have bought it know what I am talking about. its very thick and concentrated. I don't have the time to dilute it like other companies do so you add less hardener.

Lets not forget to add the safety warning also....micro glass bubbles are NASTY little boogers to the human lungs...please be CAREFUL and use the proper gear...also. let it slowly slide off the spoon as you stir, if you just dump it all at one time it tends to cause a small cloud of it around the top of the cup...not good! Live a long time so you can fish a long time...Dave

I would get the best one money could buy. someone put a the info up a while ago as to what size you needed.

this is why we have it premixed so I or my customers don't have to deal with the problem. I don't want the liability of glass bubbles just not worth it.

Delw