kbkindle

kb newest wood rod handles

kbkere here is all the wood rod handles i have made so far have been fishing a lot 2or 3 days a week thats a lot for a fat old man have been useing the rod with the feather in it works great its popular wood lighter in weight than cork and dont slip when wet the one thing i hate about it i have not caught a fish with that rod kb

latestrodhandlesmaytwooeight.jpg

Very nice KB. Is that a real feather inlay or a decal?[/quote

kbhere that is a real feather the bottom of feather was white but did not show up on white handle so wife painted with a brush the green . one of the colors i use for lure painting thanks . kb. then put the clear

Hey kb. Did you install those on new rod blanks or remove old grip ? Also how do you get the taper inside handle? those really look sweet;)

i do both on old rods or i do blanks i dont put any taper on the handles about every inch on rod blank i put some masking tape on rod and fill the spaces in between with rod bond resin kb just put enough tape to make it tight to sides of wood handle. i know that's not a very good way to explain but its the best i know kb

It's funny that my tackle habbit (addiction) started with building fishing rods.The newest craze is makking handles from 8# foam.As soon as i recover from shoulder surgery I am going fishing ,then to my hideout to make a rod and some sawdust:yeah: