tylerd1994

how to fish a stick bait

8 posts in this topic

I think the most popular way is to wacky rig it, the hook thru the center of the worm. I also fish them t-rigged. I am sure you can fish them a lot of different ways. Those are just my 2 favorite. You can fish them anytime.

There are so many ways to fish one. Wacky and texas rig are the most popular I think. You can c-rig, drop shot split shot, weightless, jig head, etc. I don't think there is a wrong way to fish them. You can even twitch them like a soft jerkbait.

I like to flip what I call a "Tail Weighted Texas". I rig the stick Texas style and insert a ball style leadhead in the other end. I pour round leadheads without a hook and trim any extra lead. Looks like this.

The rigged bait is great for fishing vertical cover like tules at the CA Delta.

Edited by Basseducer
add pic

I do something similar to that only with a nail weight. It goes kinda backwards like that "Flying Lure". Works great around docks. Skip it under there and it goes back even farther. OOPS! Was that a cat coming out of the bag?:lol:

I like to fish the stik baits wacky style. I actually fish a lot of baits that aren't close to symetrical wacky also. Thats why a decided to spend some time and make a bait symetrical and specifically meant for wacky fishing.