DeltaMan

Swimbait Scale Patern

Hi there, i am new to this site as i was refered here by someone i have never met. i was just wondering how i could make a diagonal scale patern on wooden lure of the fish desing they are a bass and a trout between six and seven inches long for use here in california. i plan on molding them with rtv and casting them out of polyurethane resing.... one more question does this resing float??

I use netting found at fabric stores for the scales. Spray a base coat when dry stretch the netting and add another contrasting color dry then pull off. Your resin question as for what I use it does not float on its own you have to add micro baloons so it will float.

What area in Ca. are you from?

I use netting found at fabric stores for the scales. Spray a base coat when dry stretch the netting and add another contrasting color dry then pull off. Your resin question as for what I use it does not float on its own you have to add micro baloons so it will float.

What area in Ca. are you from?

The Bay Area