RiverMan

Lions and tigers and bears....

Considering how much one can learn about predatory behavior from felines; and seeing how this forum is all about creating lures which exhibit cues to trigger predatory instincts, I'd say this chilling photo is quite appropriate.

You might not want to wiggle too much on the way to your stand, however, and for sure don't wear your deer photoprint camo!

Dean

That would be a little more than scary I'd think...even just thinking how many "hungry eyes" are watching you :twisted:

I saw a piece on discovery channel about Tigers in Siberia and the man eaters there. They eat EVERYTHING. Only thing found of this one guy was a little bit of his clothing and a finger. How strong a bite these animals must have to eat our skulls, arm and leg bones too...eeek, a gruesome thought.

Considering how much one can learn about predatory behavior from felines; and seeing how this forum is all about creating lures which exhibit cues to trigger predatory instincts' date=' I'd say this chilling photo is quite appropriate.

You might not want to wiggle too much on the way to your stand, however, and for sure don't wear your deer photoprint camo!

Dean[/quote']

The photo is proof that the b

"Bucktail" is the most versatile lure there is. Works on land and in the water!

yea they are pretty scary. My friends uncle had one stocki him a few years ago during bow season. Once it got about 15 yards away... Arrow between the eyes. Now it is on the wall. It was self protection to shoot it so it was all legal. We lost a lot of them in the fires last year though along with the deer so i just hope we find some deer - lions in a few weeks.

I saw a lion from my float tube earlier this year. It was an impressive animal to say the least. It was about sunset and he was stalking a family of mule deer that were drinking from the reservoir. I never realised before the size of those big cats. I think if people would be more aware of their surroundings and make noise while they're enjoying the nice quiet outdoors, there would be less attacks. I went to Alaska a couple years ago on a drinking holiday and we were advised to sing songs or talk loudly the whole time we were in the backcountry. If you don't startle a wild animal it will likely take off at the first sign of humans. I think it's funny how much people panic and publicize lion sightings here in the Bay Area. I think it's sad that people are so technologically reliant and sheltered that public outcry has to be heard loudly whenever there is a possibility of an animal being higher on the food chain than us. I don't feel any more sympathy for people who go jogging in the woods and get mauled by a cat than I do for people who get eaten by sharks when they swim where they live. If the big cats hadn't been hunted to near extinction in California, we would have less of an overpopulation of deer and the nasty old ground squirrel. If I was out hunting and one was bold enough to stalk me though...it would be on my wall right away courtesy of .308. I hear they taste good too...

That's some scary picture. Last summer my wife and I were out horseback riding in the mountains and we noticed another rider having problems with her horse on a part of the trail we hadn't ridden yet. The horse actually dumped her and wouldn't go past a spot on the trail. About an hour later we went past that spot and our horses spooked and we had to handle them to get them past that point in the trail. When we were loading the horses at the end of the day we both had the same thought that there must have been either a bear (we have grizzly warnings regularly) or a lion gone by the trail some time in the near past. When we got home that night we heard on the news that a lion was spotted in that section of the park. After seeing that picture and thinking back to the way all the horses were acting on that part of the trail It makes me think that we may have been a lot closer to a lion than we knew.

It's a little unsettling to think a lion would be so acclimated to humans that they have no problem with travelling onto a well used horse trail, close to a horse campground full of very noisey diesel trucks, trailers and people being loud people.

DeVery