Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finlander

using twisted wire for hangers on MUSKIE baits?

4 posts in this topic

The ones on the tutorial using wire. I am out of screw eyes and the baits are too small for a thru wire application. Would these twisted wires hold with the Devcon 2 ton? They seem to lack the bite that a screw eye offers. Any opinions from the muskie men would be appreciated. Thanks, Bruce

[quote name='finlander']The ones on the tutorial using wire. I am out of screw eyes and the baits are too small for a thru wire application. Would these twisted wires hold with the Devcon 2 ton? They seem to lack the bite that a screw eye offers. Any opinions from the muskie men would be appreciated. Thanks, Bruce[/quote]
Years ago, we tested Brass sinker eyes in a piece of wood. Eventually, the brass eye broke, but stayed anchored. You'll be fine, 8O

Hey finlander what I do is try a test in the same material as you will for the baits run a screw driver through the loop and pull if you can pull it out don't run it but if you make some small hooks at the end I would be very surprised to see them pull out

Hi!I would be surprised to but in the musky fishing every thing as to be heavy duty!!!X4!!!!!it's like that!!!lol!!!just to be pretty sure that you wont miss that 55incher when it will strike!!!!!!!!!!Dont have a second chance on those very often!so heavy duty is the way to go!cheers,Dan