clamboni

couple custom pointers

6 posts in this topic

Just a couple pointers I painted for a friend. First one the eye was an accident, he was watching me paint another bait and bumped my chair while I was spraying around they eye and I drew the trigger way back. He liked it so I put it on this bait.

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

I was just messing around with a different mesh for scales on this one and he liked it and told me to coat it. I personally think it's hideous

2.jpg

The mesh on the last one is the scrubber that's over the sponge on a windshield squeegee. I figured out a good lazy way fot the other scale patterns, too, I cut a fishtank net so the mesh fit tightly around the frame. Nice easy scales and it has a handle. The eye splatter is kind of growing on me too.

You should dip a nail tip into your paint, kind of scrawl a red gill on that thing a little thick (little drops of paint), then blow plain air from the nose of the bait toward the tail. I think that would give you a nice blood trail splatter down the side of the bait. Or spray a thick red gill with stencil and do whatever you did on the eye toward the tail.

I'm thinking that splatter trail would look excellent behind a gill.

I like the scale pattern on the last one.