TEE

Blue glitter turns green

Good morning guys...hoping for a little help. All excited about pouring a new color yesterday...32 oz. of lc 502 with lc colorants, 2 tbs. of heat stabilizer and 1/8 cup of softener in a presto pot at 350-355 checked with a lazer thermo. As soon as I add the glitter, .032 lc blue, it turns green :eek:. I tried with a smaller portion in the micro, same thing. I then tried my .062 blue and .015 blue (both lc) and the same thing. Any thoughts?

Also, I am by no means trying to cast a poor light on lurecraft products. I don't believe I have ever had a single problem before as I use their stuff almost exclusively...just thought knowing whose products I was using may help in the diagnosis of my dilemma. Thanks in advance for your help. :?

T

Using lc pumpkin mixed with lc red. You know it is funny about putting in green instead of blue, but i assure you that is not the case. :lol: However, I have heard of green flake turning blue so I guess I should use blue flake in my junebug worms and green flake in my Moccassin blue worms. :?.

Ding-Ding-Ding...we have a winner. Vodkaman and his infinite wisdom and experience correctly surmised that there would be some sort of prismatic refraction when using the blue flake with the pumpkin and red. I disected an infected worm and removed a green fleck, peeled off the plastic and...WALLA...it was still blue. Good news is that i was sure i had controlled the heat and didnt bleed the flake, showing some simblance of competency, however I had forgotten the age-old addage "Yellow and Blue make Green", which Vodkaman reminded me of yesterday. :worship: Thanks to all of you guys trying to help me, now i just need a moccassin blue worm that wont turn my blue flake green.

"These guys are good."

T

The same thing just happened to me tonight. I was making some watermelon blue flake grubs and added the larger blue flake and all seemed ok. It looked a little on the light side flake wise so I dumped a good pinch or two and walla greenish blue worms. I looked at it and realized that all the blue flake had to have done it since the initial blue flake from the same bottle did not turn it green. Interesting! I wonder how much it actually takes before the hue of the plastic changes color.

Its not the coloring for the plastic. You plastic is to hot for the blue coloring on the flake. I did it last night when making black with blue flake. The left over flake on the bottom of the pot was green, bluegreen and silver. Try pouring a slightly lower temp when using blue and purple flake to see if that helps. You can buy more molds and pour faster. That is sure to help.:wink: