johnnytheboy

rod blank

Fishing rods don't NEED any finish on the blank itself. I have several rods that are raw graphite. Actually, performance-wise that is best as there is nothing to inhibit the blanks action. An unfinished blank will weight slightly less than a finished version. Granted, this is splitting hairs.

You only need to put finish over your guide wraps and, if you write on the rod, the inscription area.

cheers that sound more like my kinda way of aviding doing to much, there is some blanks suppliers here in the UK, if i can't get one i think i'll get st croix musky ones from the states, see some prices at janns seem ok but i'll likely get killed on postage

thats some musky in the picture 52" is a real beast, what you catch it on????

tightlines john

John

Not to knock this board, but swing over to rodbuilding.org and ask about blank suppliers for the UK. There are several people that frequent the site from the UK. You may run into someone that purchases a number of blanks from the US and can share shipping, or find a dealer overseas that can take care of you.

St. Croix's Heavy power casting blanks would work for Pike. In addition their Muskie series. Can't say enough good things about the 3M76MHF for both Pike and Muskie. My recommend for a great all-around Muskie stick.

Yea, that Muskie is 52" long with a 27 1/4" girth. Caught her on a crankbait made by Musky Mania. An Ernie in black Perch color.

Matt