Haebar

Del-Mart molds

Hi,

I'm thinking of ordering one of Del-Mart's two-piece Senko-style molds when I get paid next week. What length is the most popular among bass fisherman in the southeast? I'm thinking of getting the ribbed mold.

Does salt oxidize or corrode these aluminum molds? If so how do you take care of them?

Thanks,

Haebar

I have three 2 part Stik molds form Del. Having poured close to 10000 baits so far, I have yet to see any oxidation from salt. You wont get a better made mold for that price anywhere. Dels molds helped us place 5th in a B.A.S.S. open tournament today. We used the 4.25 " stik bait (sinkos as we sell them as) in a watermelon with red fleck...a really hot color in Ontario this year. I think either the 5.25 or the 4.25 will sell really well for you and its got to be the easiest bait to make. Good luck and have fun !

I have sold both the 4.25 and 5.25" THe 4.25 is used more often in the midwest and is requested more thean the larget baits. I have even had requests for them clost to 2". (dont ask me why)

I would go for the 4.25. Less people buy the BIG baits, But they are nce to have too.

Dels workmanship is A+, even his other molds made out of aluminum are killer. THe reaper also does well.

Del's molds are by far the best I have. I pour a lot of baby brush-hogs. One little secret I found was to put a light coat of mineral oil inside the cavities. This helps the plastic release from the mold much easier while still hot. The 4.25 inch senko mold is next on my list to purchase.

Thanks for the compliments...

I dont want to sound like a saleman (I hate that word) I have guys that have 4+ of each size and pour baits... The magic number seems to be 3 I am told... It seems that when they are done with the third mold they start to take the first apart and pull baits out....

I also know someguys that have just one and pour tons so its really up to your personal preference.

Basscat thanks for that tip I am going to try it

Delw