Saugerman

Injecting Two Colors

I have been reading about injecting two colors for some time now,and my hat is off to all you who have this down pat. I bought a digital thermomoter to try and keep the plastics very close to the same temperature,but this in its self is a major head ache. the thermomoter that I have is all over the place and will give you very different readings every time you use it. I started out with 4 0z. of plastic for each color,and put them in the microwave until both seemed to be very close to the same temp. But it is hard enough to try to hold on to both injectors and get them in the top of the mold and by the time you get it lined up one is plugged up,or both. I tried pushing on the handles of the injectors just a little to keep the plastic flowing,but it seems I'd need two more hands,and alot more speed to keep it from setting up.

I no that it must take a lot of practice,but is there anything that you could teach me to speed up the learning curve? I will learn this or die trying.

I love this web site,and read it about every night.In fact I have just about finished the entire forum about plastics.as this is my newest addiction.

If anyone can help,I sure would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I have been reading about injecting two colors for some time now,and my hat is off to all you who have this down pat. I bought a digital thermomoter to try and keep the plastics very close to the same temperature,but this in its self is a major head ache. the thermomoter that I have is all over the place and will give you very different readings every time you use it. I started out with 4 0z. of plastic for each color,and put them in the microwave until both seemed to be very close to the same temp. But it is hard enough to try to hold on to both injectors and get them in the top of the mold and by the time you get it lined up one is plugged up,or both. I tried pushing on the handles of the injectors just a little to keep the plastic flowing,but it seems I'd need two more hands,and alot more speed to keep it from setting up.

I no that it must take a lot of practice,but is there anything that you could teach me to speed up the learning curve? I will learn this or die trying.

I love this web site,and read it about every night.In fact I have just about finished the entire forum about plastics.as this is my newest addiction.

If anyone can help,I sure would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I went crazy when i got mine. Was ready to chuck them up against the wall. Pre heat the injectors. Thats the key. If you do a search here and on bears site you will find great tips. But for me it was pre heating that made the big diffrence. Are you using the 2 color adaptor?

I went crazy when i got mine. Was ready to chuck them up against the wall. Pre heat the injectors. Thats the key. If you do a search here and on bears site you will find great tips. But for me it was pre heating that made the big diffrence. Are you using the 2 color adaptor?

Yes I'm using the two color adapter,and two of the medium size Bears injecters.I feel like you Ed,I wanted to through mine too.I have not been heating the injectors,I will give it a try. What do you heat yours in? Will the handles not melt?

I lay my injectors on a hot plate and get them very warm before I try using them. If you do a search there is a video about using the double injectors. I almost positive it is on this site as well as Bear's. I'm thinking a guy named Tyler put it on last winter.

Here is a video you might want to look at.

http://www.bearsbaits.net/forum/index.php?topic=2858.0

Edited by Jig Man

I use a George Forman grill to keep my injectors warm.

[/quot

Thanks for the video,and the advice about heating them up.I would have thought that you couldn't get them very warm, without ruining the orings in them,I no they can take heat up to the heat of the plastic,but thought that like using the torch like the guy in the video might melt them.