speedbuggy

Help With Reel

Though I can't quite get behind the mechanism , I'd say , that this device has probably been added to an ordinary casting reel to enable a somehow handicapped or disabled fisherman to still be able to operate it , ....maybe a wounded veteran of World War 2 ?????

Just my :twocents: ???

greetz, diemai

That is an old reel engagement for the old slat water reels while trolling, that was just before the reels locked and had drags, even back in the older models some of the only drags where on salt water reels; even though they had made them alot of people made their own drag systems

i have seen a few before while working on the old salt water reels and had to ak the same thing 20 years ago

That is an old reel engagement for the old slat water reels while trolling, that was just before the reels locked and had drags, even back in the older models some of the only drags where on salt water reels; even though they had made them alot of people made their own drag systems

i have seen a few before while working on the old salt water reels and had to ak the same thing 20 years ago

A drag system , ......interesting , .......bassnbrad mentioned this before as well !

Could not quite figure out , ...as nowadays we are spoiled with all fancy gimmicks on our fishing gear I did not think of such an essential thing like a drag to the reel :lol: !

greetz , diemai :yay: