TroutSupport.com

Mylar Colors

Hey guys,  it seems there are only a hand full on 'high temp' mylars. Anyone have any pics of mylars that are already injected in baits and the resulting colors and what the name of the mylar was that was used in it.  I think some brands call these 'disco' or something similar but it seems hard to connect to what the color is after it's injected. I'd love it if we could build a thread of all the different mylar colors and what they're names are including pics.  

Are you interested to mylar glitter only, or to mylar net, too?

For instance this is a pinkish mylar pipe and ... it is really simple to realize glitter from a mylar pipe with a good pair of scissors.

Anyway you can find a lot of  holographic mylar colors in pipe or sheet looking @ Fly Tying materials.

Bye.

Cami

• Like 2

I'm interested in glitter.    Those look sharp the way you are doing them but I can't get my injector to run them here in the states. 

Here is a pic of what my injector calls gold mylar.. it reflect a green with hues of gold and sometimes blue as seen. The material is actually transparent pink. ie if you hold it up to the light it's a light pink. 

In this photo its' in with silver.. so everything else is mylar. 

IMG_9202.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

Edited by TroutSupport.com

1 hour ago, TroutSupport.com said:

And this is what my injector calls blue mylar..  it's a transparent that reflects a med blue.  this is in a transparent pink bait. 

would love to see some other colors like the green or the gold if anyone has used it. I think they all shift a little after it hits the heat. 

IMG_7858.JPG

First, those colors look awesome so thank you for sharing.

Second , I wonder if you could run what cami suggested through a coffee grinder as a quick a d dirty solution?

• Like 1

Mylar is just a trade name for Polyester Film  coined by DuPont I believe. This is just glitter like the rest, except it is not metalized and has nice rainbow-esqe look. Some call it Disco Glitter some call it Sparkle Glitter. It so far comes in three shades Green, Blue/Violet, Gold. Some suppliers sell it so you have to search for it. The key with this glitter is heat resistance as it is notorious for not being able to withstand high temps. When you do find the good stuff that can stand the heat you will know it because it will be expensive.

If you want the actual film I know LureWorks sells the green shade like this.

Sparkle GR 4207

Dont waste your time on a Coffee Grinder that aint gonna work. You need an afternoon to waste and a good pair of scissors. :yay:

• Like 1

Thanks McLuvin..  I just havn't found the blue anywhere.  MF (pouryourownworms.com) as an 'Opal' that is nice but not high enough temp resistance.  Almost have to let the plastisol cool to just above solid temp and shoot fast.  That and my injector doesn't have the Opal.. but the Gold (which I think is the green you are showing the roll for) has some similar qualities. 

Mirrolure is shooting some baits with what looks like an opal. I haven't seen good 'in lure' examples of the purple, there is also a turquoise floating around.  They look sharp.. and my injector won't send me samples so I can make a recipe from scratch..  They also won't shoot the larger near 1/4in size. Although I love the stuff. Oh well, fish don't seem to care LOL.