dipp1989

Advice on slow jig mold

Hello and merry Christmas to all.

I have an old 30 gram slow jig mold. It has the companies website cut into the mold so it's on the finished lure.

It doesn't affect the action or anything, I just don't like it and usually file it off.

I have been wondering if anybody knows a reliable way of filling the mold in with something in order to get rid of the writing.

Have attached pics for reference.

20231229120759.jpg

Hi and welcome to TU. There are two ways to take care of this problem. Both of these ways are somewhat permanent, so if you want to remove it for later use, I suggest that you do not do this.

#1. You can mix some JB Weld and fill in the writing, then before it hardens, lightly wipe off the excess that overfilled the letters. If you want a perfectly smooth surface, you can lightly sand the JB Weld.

#2. You can get some red high temp RTV silicone and fill in the letters. Then lightly wipe of excess. If these are shallow letter, this may not hold real well.

Make sure you clean the inside of the mold really well so the JB Weld and or Silicone will stick to the mold

Below are some pics of what I'm talking about. There are other brands as well.

HIGH TEMP GASKET MAKER.JPG

J.B.WELD.JPG

• Thanks 1