JIGNPIG

Matzuo Jig Hook

49 minutes ago, smalljaw said:

That is expensive for a Matzuo which will have at least 7 to 15 bad ones per 100. At that price I'd add a little extra and get the Owner 5304 in a 2/0 from Barlow's.

I have bought 1000 of these hooks and have not seen this on this particular style hook... Mine were all 4/0

15 hours ago, 21xdc said:

I have bought 1000 of these hooks and have not seen this on this particular style hook... Mine were all 4/0

I know, I'm basing it off of every other Matzuo hook I ever purchased. Bought 1000 black chrome sickle hooks and had 223 bad ones, and when I say bad I mean unusable. Then I got 100 of the bronze sickle and had 14 bad ones, then the last was the 785 wacky hook, 31 bad ones out of a 100 pack. So of course I'd assume that the trend would continue to their other lines as well. I will say this though, I've gone through 1400 wacky jig hooks in a size 2 and never got a bad one and the last 500 I got the worst was 31 and the best was 9, so it seems to happen in spurts, you may have been lucky or they are doing more quality checks on that line of hooks.