johnnytheboy

big soft plastics

hi there,

i wanted to do a few big baits like the bulldawgs but with a better tail and harness set up, but i have no idea what or how i would go about it,

i have been keeping up with the forum and realise i need some sort of heat source like a microwave and some sort of mould

but the molds kinda got me, you know how the bulldawg is constructed where the tail must be a disc underneath the body and the underside must be the top of the cavaity in the mould, does that mean the mould is a spilt mould i.e. two pieces? does the liquid flow easily into this type of aperature or does it have to be injected into a sealed mould

sorry but i have little knowledge on this, what are soft plastics made from, is it a clear plastic and you add dyes and glitter as required or does it come ready to go in the colours?? and where do you get a hold of the materials ???

any help would be mch apprecaited i'm totally new to this aspect of lure making

tightlines john

hi there,

it did work thankfully, the tail is poured in a circle and must be the bit that is poured first, you can actually see where they have cut the tail out with scissors, from that i take it it must be a 2 piece mould and the colours are built up in layers starting by pouring the stuff into the tail first, the bottom where the hooks is must be the top of the mould, there is also a harness arrangement inset into the bait, i'm not to worried about loads a colours and fancy shapes as long as i can set the harness in it and get a body and tail shape that i'll do me

do you guys thaink this is managable???

tightlines john

There used to be a member here that poured something similar. I haven't seen him around in quite a long time? His username was Littlebear

Go to the soft plastic photo section on page 5. You'll see some of his baits that resemble the one you're looking for. You can click on his member name and try and send him an email.