EironBreaker

Centering Pin Screw Locs

Just FYI, these will be very difficult to get your hands on very shortly unless you want to buy only from Owner.  Shorty's will be selling out their stock and not carrying them in the future.  I'm sure Captain Hook's and wherever else they are sold will be doing the same shortly.  Owner is defending their patent and Shorty's doesn't want to mess with it even though their screw locs with a pin are a little different. 

I received a letter from Owner's attorney and I pulled them down from my website.  All I can sell is the clip-on style without the centering pin for swimbait hooks.  What I'm getting at, is if you want to buy some for personal use or whatever, better get them now before they are gone.  They are a great idea and work very well.  I can't blame Owner for defending their patent though.

Try sticking a piece of spinnerbait wire into the head of your plastic as a centering pin, and winding your hitch hiker on around it.  

That's thinking for sure. You can also use a fine pointed awl and make a small starter hole 1/8 of an inch deep in the nose of the soft-bait..The Hitchiker coil keeper will easily follow it.

I rig close to 3,000 Hitchikers a year in baits I sell. Hold the Hitchiker and apply slight pressure while turning the soft-bait towards you. They thread themselves after 1/2 of a turn. Keep your thumb and forefinger on the outside of the soft-bait to keep it centered while turning.

Edited by smallmouthaholic