LnkrHntr

Reducing Drying Time Of D2T

If time is so critical to you, use a UV setting resin, like Solarez.  There are other UV resins on the market, but I know about Solarez.  

Once you've painted your baits, you can dip them (in a closed garage so no sunlight reaches them), let them drip off, hang them in a UV light box for three minutes, and your baits are ready to put the hardware onto and fish.

I admit I am a "hurry wart", used to thinking of a bait, shaping it, ballasting it and testing it, painting it, and top coating it in one day, so I can take it fishing the next.  

But I'm weird.  

You have is plenty of time to let the D2T set up overnight, and fish it the next day.  It gets hard through a chemical reaction, and I would be afraid that rushing the process might affect the final product negatively. 

A day for a batch of ten lures is long enough. My time is worth a lot more, which is why I don't build to sell.

Applying the top coat takes the roughly the same time whether dripping or brushing. But, I am not going to sit there and watch it dry, I will come back to it the next day or the day after if necessary, as waiting to cure does not cost any labor.

Dave