jrhopkins

2 new baits

24 posts in this topic

finally got these finished. been making some blanks for the Rookie to paint. maybe will get a chance to fish them this week. smallmouth is a floater/diver, striper is a slow sinker.

fish lures 368.jpg

fish lures 362.jpg

fish lures 368.jpg

fish lures 362.jpg

fish lures 368.jpg

fish lures 362.jpg

fish lures 368.jpg

fish lures 362.jpg

fish lures 368.jpg

fish lures 362.jpg

fish lures 368.jpg

fish lures 362.jpg

fish lures 368.jpg

fish lures 362.jpg

2189_thumb.attach

2190_thumb.attach

A double WOW from me. Those are beautiful. How long did it take to paint them?

Holy Moly!!! Did these guys just jump out of the lake or what??? Give yourself a pat on the back and the rest of us will change another color of green for envy. Excellent stuff!!! :yay:

Oldthunder

EagleLures

Life is too short.....FISH HARD!!!!

Guys,

JOHN IS DA MAN!!! Some of the best lookin swimbaits in the COUNTRY!! I can only hope to paint them as good as he does.....

John if I screw them up!! I will call in the Closer(JOHN) from the Bullpen to get me out of my jam!!

Thanks buddy

The Rookie.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DROOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Nice baits man, wish I could paint like that

Fatman

These are awesome looking baits I cant quit looking at them! Gone ta have to give them a try when hvac slows down! --Good Luck Rookie!

A double WOW from me. Those are beautiful. How long did it take to paint them?
lost track:drool: i repainted the smallmouth 3 times before i got the shade i wanted, surprised it still floats!

i assemble the hinge parts after i seal and primer the segments ( see photo ). i then dry fit the segments and do the painting. next i disassemble the segments and the hinge and paint the inside of the segments ( small brush ):) . take care not to get paint on the hinge pin. after all the painting is done clear coat each piece, i use devcon brushed on. after the epoxy is cured reassemble the hinges and epoxy the segments together, i use 2 ton epoxy, do not put too much epoxy into the slot or it will push out when you seat the hinge, also stand the lure on it's nose so the epoxy will not run down into the hinge. i do the segments one at a time until the epoxy is set, about an hour before assembling the next section. piece of cake!:wink:

ok, here is photo, maybe.:mad:

I guess your misunderstanding me. :huh: I am merely asking how you clear (epoxy) your swimbaits. Do you clear each piece before assembly or after? It is a step that I have been having troubles with. Thanks for any reply. :teef:

after all the painting is done clear coat each piece, i use devcon brushed on. after the epoxy is cured reassemble the hinges and epoxy the segments together, i use 2 ton epoxy, do not put too much epoxy into the slot or it will push out when you seat the hinge, also stand the lure on it's nose so the epoxy will not run down into the hinge. i do the segments one at a time until the epoxy is set, about an hour before assembling the next section. piece of cake!:wink:

Seems clear to me! Thank's for sharing JR.