mikefishnfl

3D eyes, on spinnerbaits

Hey guys, just a heads up for what I found that is working great for me now. CA glue. CA Glue is a super glue that is used in building model aircrafts. I found an old bottle of it that was dried up but I remembered how incredibly strong it is. It comes in three curing speeds, fast medium an slow. The trick is to keep from getting glue on the top half of the eye as it will haze over. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY! Hope this helps some of you somewhere.

I also use the clear nail polish method. It is fast, less messy, cheap and best of all, it works. The super glue sounds a bit risky to me, as I would have little 3-D eyes stuck to all my fingers before I was done, those things are hard enough to work with and to add something like super glue to the equation only spells disaster for me. Give the nail polish a try, you won't be disappointed.

George I think i will give it a shot but it's not as hard as you think to use the glue. The method I use to attach the eyes is a double sided piece of tape, applied to the bottom of an old pin. Then i picke the eye up with it, attach a dab of glue, and then pin point my placement. The glue grabs the eye, and pulls right off the tape.