Coley

Tu Get Together

I am very disappointed that there has been nothing said about

the 2010 Get Together in Clinton MO the last weekend in April.

It was one of the best we have had. On Thursday all that were

there went to Cabela's in Kansas City Kansas.

Friday was spent working on baits and discussing differen't

methods of doing things.

Thanks to Jerry and his wife for the nice hats and tee's.

Nathan and Deb were their usual GREAT hosts. I really need

that potato recipe, Deb.

Saturday we had a live feed to TU from Clinton, I think this can be

improved upon at future meets.

All in all, it was a wonderful time had by all despite the rain Friday

and Saturday.

Meeting Tim Hughes, oh, you know the guy that painted for Basspro

but, now mostly designs for Basspro was a nice experience.

Thanks for coming Tim.

If you have never been, you should really consider coming,

Coley

Hi Coley

As you are aware I would have been there had I been able to, sadly it was not to be this year. There is usually a flurry of comment after the meeting but this year, like you say, there seems to have been a lack this time round. I really have enjoyed viewing the feed recordings and found them all fascinating and informative. I'll thank all you fellas who put in the effort right here and now, well done and thanks. God willing I'll be with you all next year.

philB

I watched the live feeds. They were a great idea and I am sure that the quality and snags can be fixed for next year. Still enjoyed the experience very much.

You guys must have been hoarding those ideas for a long time. Some very innovative ideas. I liked them all, particularly the vacuum project, because I am working on something similar my self. The compressed sponge drying wheel, very good, also the other drying wheel.

Tiredness and exhaustion got the better of me in the end and I fell asleep in my computer chair. No reflection on you guys, the time difference was 12 hours after all.

Anyone who has not viewed the vids, I recommend that you take a peak.

So thanks guys for the experience.

Dave

Hey Guys, This is Deb. This is the first chance Nate & I have had to get online together. I wanted to say thank you to the guys that helped supply meals and more importantly COOKED! I sincerely appreciated the help. Thank you very much. The food was all wonderful...like you. I had a lot on my plate and was sick but we didn't want to reschedule. And of course, it was hard having our youngest leave the nest. But now you should see our game room! lol!! I hope you all had a good time. I haven't gotten to watch the video, but I know you were all great. We will look forward to next time.

Take care of you and yours,

Deb

Hey Guys,It's been crazy around here since you all left.Just wanted to thank everyone for coming.As usual,the food was fantastic!!Thanks to you guys who supplied food and cooked..it was a big help!!.

As usual,I learned a lot from you guys this year..thank you for making the live feed possible it was a blast to do..We need to start planning for the live feed next year..We had a couple new faces with us,Steve and Hughsey.I hope you newbies to the get together had as much fun as us "old timers" did..LOL..we look forward to seeing you all again next year..Nathan

Edited by Nathan

It was a blast!

Nathan & Deb, Fantastic hosts as always.

I don't think any of us can explain the amount of knowledge shared during these meets. A few of us described it as TU on steroids.

I want to thank all of you guys who jumped in front of a camera like that and shared your tips. You guys did such a great job with such little direction and preparation.

Obviously the video itself can and will be improved, but now at least we know it can be done, so we'll work on that.

I'm disappointed I didn't record that video introduction, as it was a great intro by Nathan & Deb, but I'll record something and add it to the video list. We dedicated the 2010 event to our fellow members who passed away this year and to a fellow member who couldn't attend due to illness.

I've been slowly editing the video's taking out background noise and adjusting audio to make it more understandable, not mention when I was interviewing Tim Hughes, I called his colleague Jeff Thompson, "Jeff Hughes" :lolhuh:

I think we should preplan an auction or benefit to raise $ for future meets to cover food and drink, and thank you to those who pulled it together this year and prior. The food is worthy of the travel in itself!!

There is photos from earlier events in the Gallery, anyone with pics from this year can add to it, I'll be making a dedicated page here on TU for events and video As I get them edited & reposted.

Cant wait till Clinton 2011!! Hope to see everyone there.

Jerry

Another great time in Clinton! Nathan & Deb your hospitality is second to none and the eats are always grand! Thank You! So good to see everyone again and visit with. Some new faces this year Tim & Steve hope you make it back next year! Ran off with a new hat & t-shirt. Thanks to Jerry and his wife, she did another fine job with the shirts and hats.

The live feed was a great idea!

Yes, a fundraiser of some sort should be organized. On the days the weather allows us to fish we could sponsor a TU Bass Tourney in which the proceeds go to cover some of the cost. With the addition of the live feed we could possibly auction a few baits also.

Thanks to all that made it a memorable experience and hope to see you there next year.

Regards,

KcDano

Truly another fantastic weekend enjoying the company of many other fine people who share a common passion. I looked forward to it all year since missing last years due to commitments.

My hat off to Deb and Nathan, excellent hosts to say the least, a person cannot go there and not feel part of the family. Anyone living close enough to make the drive should include it in your plans for next year as it is well worth the time invested to meet with a great group of people, learn a ton of new things and excercise your jaw chatting about lure making.

Congrats to Jerry on the life feed. It may not have come out perfect, but it came out and that is what is important. A great connect with those who could not attend yet were able to benefit some just the same.

The auction and fishing tournament are fantastic ideas, I look forward to seeing that happen. Enjoyed meeting Tim Hughes and Steve Weatherly and visiting with them while speaking the common language of lure making and fishing. Oh yeah, meeting with the rest of the gang once again was the best ever.

Semper Fi to Bruce!!

Again my thanks to Deb and Nathan, your hospitality make it the best ever. See you again soon.

George Reeves

Hey when is it next year? It always at the end of April. I have a tournament at Thruman lake next year around that time. Is Thruman close to Cliton?

It used to be close but with all the rain you guys get there Clinton is probably in it by now:eek:. Pete

It would be great if you could post the dates and give us a map of where to go. Also maybe the closest hotels. Maybe some of the site sponsors could donate some items for a auction. I'll bet you will be surprised how many will attend with advance notice.

Well, MuskyGary, the event was posted on Feb 18, 2010. In the TU Events section.

Coley