johnnytheboy

lures

I pretty much only use my own spinner's and jigs but since I don't make plastics nor diving lures I buy those from other "hobbyist's". The only commercial lures bought are Fly's (although I tie some when I have some time). After finding this community and making my own you start to see "quality issues" with commercial baits. All that being said I wouldn't ditch any lure that I paid good money for! If it works, be it store bought or handmade why stop using it?

Percentage, I'd say 80% my own, 15% other handmade, 5% store bought.

DeVery

I never would tie on a plastic bait in the past. I was a crank bait guy!!! That was until I found TU and now I pour my own plastics and have designed a few baits of my own.

Now I rarely tie on a crankbait. I've got an awesome collection of Japanese lures that I'm going to sell (Lucky Craft, Tiemco, Megabass, etc.).

I plan on replacing the five hundred plus collection with baits developed from people on this site.

I mean come on, we've got guys that developed baits that helped win the Classic, what more do you want?? B)

So I'm moving towards 100% my stuff or baits I see here. I have alot of confidence in a bait I hand make or know has been handmade from a person that takes their "hobby" as serious as me...

Jim

Like the other guys the only baits I buy are crankbaits. Most of these I buy un-painted and paint myself.

One question for the wood whittler's. Can you guys make a crankbait that runs 20' ?

If I happen to run across a pack of plastics that look good I'll buy it. If they work, it's mold making time. :lol: