johnnytheboy

first fish on a homemade

hi there,

had my first fish on a homemade lure today, i have 4 lures i'm working away on dabbling with weighting etc, went down the canal today to see how the weighting was after testing in the bath tub all week and bang a pike nailed the lure, the things only in primer as well

must be on the right track!!!!

thanks for all the tips etc that have got me this far, i'll get the pictures posted of the lures as soon as they are painted

tightlines john

Yeah, nothing beats catching the first fish on your own handcrafted bait. Congratulations, looks like you're wondering into the luremaking sink-hole. :D If you do fall in hopelessly like I did, the $$$ spent on the materials/tools/hours could've bought me loads of production lures or other people's custom lure painted to my liking..... BUT NOTHIN' beats the satisfaction from your own creation! :D

Congrats John! I had the same thing happen with me. I have also two times testing new lures for customers and had muskies grab them. Who said they are the fish of 10,000 casts? Makes you wonder when you take a lure you have sold, cast twice and have a fish. Makes giving up that lure very hard!

-Corey

Store bought muskie lure = $20.00

Tools bought so I could make muskie lures = $1043.00 +

Cost per lure in materials = $2.50

How many of my lures I need in my tackle box so I come out even = 60 lures

Catching your first fish on your home made lure = PRICELESS

Congrats! My first fish was caught on a homemade buzz bait. I still have it. Not only did I catch fish on that bait but it also outfished a commeercial buzz bait my partner was using. That was the day the madness started for me. I have a tackle box dedicated to the great custom baits that get retired.

Congrats John! I had the same thing happen with me. I have also two times testing new lures for customers and had muskies grab them. Who said they are the fish of 10' date='000 casts? Makes you wonder when you take a lure you have sold, cast twice and have a fish. Makes giving up that lure very hard!

-Corey

Store bought muskie lure = $20.00

Tools bought so I could make muskie lures = $1043.00 +

Cost per lure in materials = $2.50

How many of my lures I need in my tackle box so I come out even = 60 lures

Catching your first fish on your home made lure = PRICELESS[/quote']

Corey, If you fish them right, you'll be even by 2025! :rolleyes: