I-35Lunkerz

Canada Craw Color

This is a color that I wish was around when I poured because it's deadly!!  Looks to be 2 different laminate colors and possibly the flake is making it look orange/brown?  I would start with a very light green pumpkin over a very light watermelon and add your flake from there.  Hope I didn't screw you up too bad!!  LOL 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 12:03 PM, alsworms said:

This is a color that I wish was around when I poured because it's deadly!!  Looks to be 2 different laminate colors and possibly the flake is making it look orange/brown?  I would start with a very light green pumpkin over a very light watermelon and add your flake from there.  Hope I didn't screw you up too bad!!  LOL 

Appreciate the advice, I'll let you know how the next run turns out! Yep, great color. I've seen it bring in big bass in southern ponds and big walleye in clear northern lakes. Hard to beat!

• Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 1:03 PM, alsworms said:

It's weird because I'm seeing almost what you see. I am seeing brown pumpkin though. Maybe over a light watermelon. laminate.

Orange flake, with black for color pop? However after looking at other baits, bigger ones, to get a better look at the color, what I am seeing is not so much a laminate, but the either brown pumpkin, and or light watermelon, coreshot into a clear shell. It could just be that the photos are lighted to make the other appearance shiny giving it the look of a core shot

Can't really shoot a core shot if the mold isn't set up that way. In place of the brown pumpkin, olive might work but go easy with that one so you don't lose the translucence.

Actually, I think there are a number of ways you might be able to achieve that color. But without turning you into a mad scientist we'll await your report on your results.

Now you should be totally confused!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alsworms said:

Yeah pumpkin, amber, amber-orange, etc.  All good calls.  Should keep him busy for awhile.  :lol:

Didn't even think of the amber colors. I know I have a bin full of color matching attempts. Variations of variations.

What fun is pouring if we don't have a few hundred bottles of coloring? I can even see using a dark gold mica powder for that color.

• Like 2