Hillbilly voodoo

Alumilite tan vs white

Ok hope someone has had experience with both products and can tell me if the experienced any difference between 

I have been using Alumilite white and do to availability issues I experience at times I am considering my options of substituting with Tan 

Spec wise it look like it will have minimal or no impact on recipes and strength. 

May just need to say screw it and start ordering 80gal at a time to avoid issues :?

I started with white, then switch to tan from a recommendation of a friend and went back to white. I had to many issues with tan, baits didn’t cure and a lot of air bubbles.  Since I switched back to white, I have had very few problems. But I want to make it clear that could have been user error. :-/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flaswimbaiter said:

I started with white, then switch to tan from a recommendation of a friend and went back to white. I had to many issues with tan, baits didn’t cure and a lot of air bubbles.  Since I switched back to white, I have had very few problems. But I want to make it clear that could have been user error. :-/

I remember your post regarding curing sounds like your problem didn’t stop 

what do you mean by make it clear?

And here I thought availability issues were a Canadian problem lol

I think I am going to hold back on the Tan if I can get white in a reasonable time. Unfortunately I can’t even get a small quantity as for a Tan tester locally or I would. Stuck ordering from across the country and shipping sucks 

Thanks for sharing your experience 

• Like 1

Smooth On - Smooth Cast 300 is what I am using now. It is a bit cheaper then alumilite in Canada. Just wish shipping was cheaper. Same specific gravity which is nice. There is a store near me that stocks the 2 pint version of Smooth cast for 51 dollars vs alumilite which is 32-36 at local stores for 1 pint.