D.J.

Poly bag printing

I am thinking about getting my bags printed with my logo on them. Does anyone know of a good company that will do this. Either that or a label to stick to the bag. As of right now, I print my bag labels out of thick card stock, and to say the least, it takes forever to print, cut, fold and staple on to each bag. I am trying to cut down on time. Any help would be helpful :D

I do what Robert described. It's still time consuming, but that outways the cost of pre-printed bags.

Most places have a minimum order of anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 bags 8O Some will offer a minimum of 10,000 bags, but the price is unreal!

You also pay by the color. So if your logo has a multi color design, you pay even more. If you plan on doing it, it's a huge initial investment. So make sure you can move that much product and that you don't plan on changing anything! :wink: Once they're made, that's it.

Thanks for the help guys. I already use small labels on my bags to identify the bait and color. I did get a quote for some printed bags, and you were right on about the price. The cheapest I found came out to about 65 cents a bag 8O I am getting a quote right now on some stickers which are about the same as the labels. I would love to be able to not print all of those out on my printer. The cost of cartriges kills me. Thanks again guys.

Just my 2 cents here but I think the printed on bond paper, cut out and stapled thing is good enough!!

Most of the guys I know take their baits out of the bag right away and put them into a box....discarding your expensive handy work!!!

I just print mine in black and white, have my kids cut them out and staple them on. I've had no complaints and get repeat business all the time.

I think it is way more important to most anglers what is in the bag, than what the bag and packaging looks like.

After seeing your baits (online) DJ, I would not want anything blocking the view of them!!!!!!!

Jim

Thanks for the compliment :D I just don't have the time to be cutting and stapling. If this was my full time job, it might be a different story. For example the last store order I got was around 600 bags. That is a lot of cutting and boy did I burn through the ink cartridges on my printer. I just need something faster that will give me more time to pour.

I have been looking for printed bags also. Most of the quotes are fairly high some have been $10,000 for 60,000 4x4" 4 mil bags minimum. The latest quote was from Netgoody Inc. 60,000 4x4" 4 mil bags $1,439.40 6x4" 4 mil bags 40,000 minimum for $1,119.60 Just thaught it could be of some value to some of you guys. Please let us know if anyone locates a supplier with smaller minimum quantities. And or better pricing I will keep up my search and post any good results. That quote was for four color printing. Good luck and good fishing!

I use to package some baits for my store that I purchased in bulk. I got header cards at the local budget print. These were folded in half so they went on the bag front and back I had the paper color different for various types of plastic baits. They even drilled the holes in the header cards to match the holes in my bags, so all I had to do was staple the header cards to the bags and hang them. I don't remember the price but it was very reasonable. I would buy a few thousand at a time. Try your local printer for header cards. Pop

I am thinking about getting my bags printed with my logo on them. Does anyone know of a good company that will do this. Either that or a label to stick to the bag. As of right now, I print my bag labels out of thick card stock, and to say the least, it takes forever to print, cut, fold and staple on to each bag. I am trying to cut down on time. Any help would be helpful :D

Hi Dj,

You can get printed stickers like you're looking for without a set up fee from NEBS in Mass. $68 per 1,000 is what I pay for a 1 -1/2" x 3-1/2" sticker with my info on it for the front of my 3x5" 2 mil zip lock. If you want to add a logo, it may be just a tad high initially and very durable as I have used them for the past three years. Heading for clamshell packaging now and that is costly initially but a necessary for the chain stores.

I've found http://www.hillas.com/Products/Imported_Ziplock_Bags_with_Hang_Hole/I_2_0305H.asp

to be the best prices around for zips at 2 mil with hang holes pre punched.

Hope this helps you out...

Mike