47 replies to this topic

#21 diemai

diemai

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

Thanks a lot for your help both of you , Ben and Jerry , .........guess I've found my way now to enable the Email notifications , .... looks like the avatar has already been installed by you , Jerry !

Thanks so much , friends , ...........greetz , Dieter :yay:

#22 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

Thanx for the info

Did it but the new does not look as good as the last and it was from the same file??
Thanks Again

I found the old avatars & reinstalled them for everyone who was missing one, I repaired yours, should be good to go now, sorry for the trouble.

#23 JSC

JSC

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

I found the old avatars & reinstalled them for everyone who was missing one, I repaired yours, should be good to go now, sorry for the trouble.

Thanx Jerry that looks better than the last one ...
JSC

#24 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

I too struggled to get my avatar uploaded. In the end, I had to use the gravatar thingy.
It is a pity that active GIF's do not work, but I guess some might find them distracting.
Dave

We will give animated gif's a try, if they remain tasteful, why not?

Is the 'last click' function still available. I enjoy being nosey and seeing what everyone is reading.
Dave

I've stripped alot of un-useful functions for a trade-off in speed, but of course my definition of "un-useful" is subjective. After all bigger issues have been addressed we can re-apply some of these items & if they help you here, again, why not?

I cant find the tutorials help! Where is my spell check. I miss having the option to pick out the spelling of a word in stead of having to spell it right the first time. That little lin under a word some times just dos not help. When my brain stops working about 10:00 pm I cant think right. But it looks sharp in here!

Tackle Tutorials haven't moved: http://www.tackleund...tted-tutorials/ still located in the forum, I can add a direct link in the navigation menu if that will help.

EDIT: Sorry, glossed over the spell-check question.... Are you saying you had your own version of spell-check that worked in our old text editor & it no longer works? if so, sorry, but the new one has a built-in checker. right-click on the red underline and choose the correct spelling.
There is an icon in the top left of the editor that lets you toggle the editor on & off. maybe turn it off and your own spell check might work again?

Thanx Jerry that looks better than the last one ...
JSC

That photo is probably older than I am, & one of my favorite avatars, had to fix it 4 you.

If I missed anything so far, let me know. I'm off to another thread to look into possible gallery issues.

Edited by redg8r, 01 September 2011 - 12:20 PM.
missed a question

#25 JSC

JSC

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

"That photo is probably older than I am, & one of my favorite avatars, had to fix it 4 you".

That Pix has been with me a while taken by Max Hunn (deceased) a great Photographer and Fishing Writer .. Taken sometime in the Middle 70's .. Lucas Lake FL,, that was just over 9 lbs (my 2nd largest) taken on a Snagless Sally .. yellow with red frog trailer ... He had an article on it in Bassmaster Fishing Guide 1977 Edition .... The pic (avatar) was sold by his widow to an advertising firm for K Mart and was used in several mags (in the 90s) ... Just a little history. (By the way he "Staged" the pix) ..
JSC

Edited by JSC, 01 September 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#26 diemai

diemai

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:15 AM

Hhhmm , ......some more posts have been made in this topic , but I have not received any Email notifications , though I've ticked the approbiate squares under "my settings" and "notification options" , ......the two squares for "list" and "Email" , ....not the one "app" .

I've received Email notifications for personal conversations yesterday , as two fellow members did contact me(ticked these squares as well) , ....but got no notifications for topic replies that were made !

Have I still overlooked something ?

greetz , diemai :yay:

#27 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:09 AM

Hhhmm , ......some more posts have been made in this topic , but I have not received any Email notifications , though I've ticked the approbiate squares under "my settings" and "notification options" , ......the two squares for "list" and "Email" , ....not the one "app" .

I've received Email notifications for personal conversations yesterday , as two fellow members did contact me(ticked these squares as well) , ....but got no notifications for topic replies that were made !

Have I still overlooked something ?

greetz , diemai :yay:

Did you click "Save Changes" after making your selections? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but sometimes it's the simplest things that we overlook. At least for me.

Ben

#28 diemai

diemai

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

@ RaburnGuy

...............guess I did , Ben :D , ................tried twice :? !

greetz , Dieter :yay:

#29 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

That's going to be over my head then Dieter. Jerry will have to figure that one out.

good luck,
Ben

#30 diemai

diemai

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:43 AM

:yay:

That's going to be over my head then Dieter. Jerry will have to figure that one out.

good luck,
Ben

Ben , I've received an Email notification , that you have quoted my post(your post # 27 in this thread) , but yet haven't got any notification abou your reply post # 29 in here , ...........very strange indeed .

Gotta look through the notification options again tonite , ......going fishing now !

greetz, Dieter :yay:

#31 BobP

BobP

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

One other observation - about speed. It is now taking much longer for me to get a response from the site when I enter its URL. The delay time is usually 15-20 seconds. When I use the "Back to...." button at the bottom of a thread, the wait is often similar.

JMHO, I'm all for HIGH SPEED - LOW DRAG when it comes to websites. I appreciate Jerry eliminating little-used features or anything that detracts from fast and efficient interaction by TU members. A bunch of bells and whistles may be interesting to a few internet junkies but most TUers "just wanna have fun".

#32 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:19 AM

Ben , I've received an Email notification , that you have quoted my post(your post # 27 in this thread) , but yet haven't got any notification abou your reply post # 29 in here , ...........very strange indeed .

Dieter,
I "think" that if replies are made while you are on this site, TU will attempt to notify you via a small "popup" window, or whats now called an "inline notification". If your notification are set to your preferences and you didnt get a topic reply email while you were Not on TU, then that is an issue...... let me know if it continues and I'll check your personal settings.

One other observation - about speed. It is now taking much longer for me to get a response from the site when I enter its URL. The delay time is usually 15-20 seconds. When I use the "Back to...." button at the bottom of a thread, the wait is often similar.

JMHO, I'm all for HIGH SPEED - LOW DRAG when it comes to websites. I appreciate Jerry eliminating little-used features or anything that detracts from fast and efficient interaction by TU members. A bunch of bells and whistles may be interesting to a few internet junkies but most TUers "just wanna have fun".

Thank you, I'm all for speed too..... we've seen earlier versions c r a w l, a few times, admittedly were my own fault with over-customization.
The guys who write this software have been intentionally stripping out lesser used items (notice no calendar anymore?) and they've made a conscious decision to rely less and less on images.

There is a timer on the bottom of the site labeled "Exec. Time" (Execution Time) is how long it takes to serve the page. Any more than a few seconds is a problem. The page I'm adding this reply on was:Exec. Time: 0.9968 (Almost 1 second) but it is 2 o clock in the morning :) Network speed and the time it takes to your browser and render are some of the issues I cant control, but if speed in general becomes a problem, rest assured I'll make efforts to speed it up.

I appreciate all the comments,
Jerry (redg8r)

#33 diemai

diemai

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:04 AM

@ redg8r

Yesterday I had received an Email notification on another older thread but not this particular one , ........probably I have forgotten to enable the reply options in here , .......only did it in my personal settings , ..........and in that older thread I had done it before , anyway .

greetz , Dieter :yay:

PS: Just checked back , .......under "more reply options" it says "you are currently following this topic" , .......but yet I have not received any Email notifications on THIS thread !

#34 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

Notice I quoted you also, so there was 2 separate notification flags that should have been tripped.

That is definitely an issue because your notification settings are all correct.
I'll run it by the developers and see if they are aware of the issue.

Sorry for the trouble, Thanks Dieter, we'll get it fixed for you.

#35 diemai

diemai

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:34 AM

Notice I quoted you also, so there was 2 separate notification flags that should have been tripped.

That is definitely an issue because your notification settings are all correct.
I'll run it by the developers and see if they are aware of the issue.

Sorry for the trouble, Thanks Dieter, we'll get it fixed for you.

Thanks a lot , Jerry ,...........hopefully they'd find the mistake !

Greetz , Dieter :yay:

#36 Vodkaman

Vodkaman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

Jerry. When I log in and select new content, it always defaults to 'pages'. This is useless and always require another click to choose forums. Can you make forums the default?

Dave

#37 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

Not sure if this will work for you or not Dave, but I have the "Forums" page bookmarked as sort of my home page at TU. Then the "View New Content" is right there handy.

Ben

#38 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

Jerry. When I log in and select new content, it always defaults to 'pages'. This is useless and always require another click to choose forums. Can you make forums the default?

Dave

"View new content" search is dependent on your location....... if you're in the gallery VNC will search new images, if your on the homepage VNC will search for new pages, if your on the forums VNC will search new posts & so on..... its intended behavior.

If you want to search for new forum posts without visiting the forum, then like Ben said, bookmark a direct link such as:
http://www.tackleund...arch_app=forums
Or make the extra click, or even take advantage of our RSS feed to see new posts without even visiting the site.

#39 Vodkaman

Vodkaman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:05 AM

OK, I understand. Unfortunately, I am having to use internet cafes, as I consider $70 per month way too expensive for internet, so home pages are not an option, but is the way I normally operate. Hoping to find a better provider soon, as this is killing me, sitting on the floor to work a computer.

Dave

#40 diemai

diemai

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:44 AM

Update :

Just starting getting involved into another hardbait topic , ........Email notification works on that one , .......hopefully I would see now , whether it would work on this particular thread as well !

Busy into personal conversations presently , no problems about Email noticications with these either .

Greetz , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai, 12 September 2011 - 12:45 AM.