gary armstrong

Junebug Powder Paint

Powder paint doesn't mix well. I would try going on Columbia powders website and finding a few that look similar. You can order a swatch to see the exact color before you buy. I've had good success mixing glitter from lurecraft into translucent color like candies just getting the smallest size.

Have to disagree that you can't mix powder paint!  If you take your time and write things down as you mix them.  I learned that the hard way, have great color and don't remember how to mix it!!  Theres a whole powder mix section over at crappie.com and also jigcraft.com - and it's actually fun!!!

If you look at the color junebug from Barlows and the one from allpowder, they're two totally different shades, the Barlows is a dark purple and the one from all powder is a bright purple.  No matter which one you can mix some clear and then put your glitter in.  I use Ultra glitter from Nicole Crafts.  If you have an AC Moore craft store they have most colors in stock or other stores can order it for you. 

If you don't want to deal with putting glitter in - make up a batch of clear with green glitter then dip again.  You could use Tulip neon green glitter or Irredescent Sage Green

100_2082.jpg

100_7317.jpg

In this pic the bottom jig is translucent candy teal then heated and dipped in candy translucent raspberry, both colors are from Columbia coatings. 

100_5197.jpg

This is the plain candy transparent raspberry with glitter mixed in

100_4477.jpg

Have fun with it and if you start mixing - order clear by the pound! you'll use a lot. 

• Like 1

Another option is cheap acrylic paint with epoxy as a top coat.... Not near as quick as powder, but much bigger color selection, and at 50 cents a piece, you can load up

Don't even need an airbrush, I hand bush mine.. Then mix glitter in the epoxy

Think these were royal violet with a drop of black... Then black and emerald glitter

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

post-46331-0-47379600-1472074140_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2