orionn1

Fluid Bath Filter?

Does anyone know what the fluid bath filters are made of? I have trying to make my own cups but can't find what that hard porous plastic is ?

I also noticed on some threads guys are saying the use other filter/paper in their fluid baths. Can someone elaborate?

thanks

rob

I am new to this also. Someone with more experience will chime in soon. I think the hard porous plastic is available but don't know where although I believe it may be rather expensive.

I am using a coffee filter and I also have made a cup with a vacuum cleaner bag. I think some guys are using lightweight brown paper bags . I would try to start there for making beginning and see what happens. I am getting ready to construct one with the soft paper envelope for an overnight Fed Ex shipment.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I have the fluid bath with the cups (the one from barlows tackle) . I am just trying to figure out where I can get that porous plastic that forms the bottom.

I guess guys are using the paper bags and envelopes to make their own fluid bed then correct? I was assuming they were using them in their fluid bed or something.

Search for laboratory filter paper. Not as tough as a plastic filter would be but it's tough enough as long as you remember not to shove the jigheads through it. It's pretty cheap too, so if you do tear one it's not that big a deal. I have a lot of spare cups already glued up. I just used epoxy, but I'm sure any glue that'll stick to the pvc will work fine.

Search for laboratory filter paper. Not as tough as a plastic filter would be but it's tough enough as long as you remember not to shove the jigheads through it.

clamboni,

When I do a search for laboratory filter paper, four different grades show up (1-4)

Which one worked for you? :?

The stuff I was talking about is left overs from a filter manufacturer that i work for. The media comes on rolls, is run through a pleater then potted in frames. If you look in woodworking mags the Oneida hepa filters are made by us, we also make HEPA filters for cleanrooms as well as other purposes. See if there is a manufacturer in your area and maybe you can get some offcuts. The media is thicker than coffee filters or shop vac filters, though they should work.

Rodney

clamboni,

When I do a search for laboratory filter paper, four different grades show up (1-4)

Which one worked for you? :?

Sorry, haven't been on the site in a while. I don't know what number the stuff I'm using is, got it froma friend that said it should work for what I'm doing. I don't think it should matter though, the paint particles aren't really all that small and I think all of the paper is fine enough. Sorry I can't help you more.