Kasilofchrisn

How To Foil A Jig Like This?

Wow, lots of patterns.

Have you tried the nail foil adhesive .... how well does it stick to lead jigs?

It sticks good, I just use 3m spray adhesive and a heat gun to dry it and just press it on with my fingers. And Chris for .99 cents I get about 6-9 feet by 1-1 1/2 inch wide but I like it because it comes off the backing easier than the ebay foil and more color choices.

It sticks good, I just use 3m spray adhesive and a heat gun to dry it and just press it on with my fingers. And Chris for .99 cents I get about 6-9 feet by 1-1 1/2 inch wide but I like it because it comes off the backing easier than the ebay foil and more color choices.

Love to see a picture of one of your baits, finished with nail foil!

Had anyone tried this with crank baits?

Yes it will work. The only problem I have found is finding a sealer that wont wrinkle the thin foil. I have been using a mcu called Diamond finish clear made by K.B.S ,you just have to make sure the adhesive you use is completely dry before you clear it or you will get a reaction and wrinkling.

For my jigs, I want all my colors (other than silver, white, black) to be neon flourescent.  These colors are

chartreuse, neon orange, neon red, neon blue, neon pink - so as to appear brighter in deep water.

Unfortunately neither heat transfer foils or the nail wrap foils state that their colors they sell are neon. ..

For my jigs, I want all my colors (other than silver, white, black) to be neon flourescent.  These colors are

chartreuse, neon orange, neon red, neon blue, neon pink - so as to appear brighter in deep water.

Unfortunately neither heat transfer foils or the nail wrap foils state that their colors they sell are neon. ..

I'm not sure why neon is so inportant to you but they do make Neon foils. you just have to do a Google search for them.

This is the first one I found. I am sure there are others.

http://www.amazon.com/Transfer-Foils-Adhesive-Acrylic-Decoration/dp/B00DFXJW3A

Of course it may just be that this foil technique may not work for what you are trying to do.

It does work for me and I get what I am after using this technique.

I'm not sure why neon is so inportant to you but they do make Neon foils. you just have to do a Google search for them.

This is the first one I found. I am sure there are others.

http://www.amazon.com/Transfer-Foils-Adhesive-Acrylic-Decoration/dp/B00DFXJW3A

Of course it may just be that this foil technique may not work for what you are trying to do.

It does work for me and I get what I am after using this technique.

Lures with neon colors retain their true colors in deep (100 feet) water and are brighter because they can reflect uv

light.  Non neon colors appear as shades of gray as depth increases.  

Check out http://www.fishwithgary.com/kokanee_university_part1.html

Lures with neon colors retain their true colors in deep (100 feet) water and are brighter because they can reflect uv

light.  Non neon colors appear as shades of gray as depth increases.  

Check out http://www.fishwithgary.com/kokanee_university_part1.html

Me and my customers fish my jigs from 20 feet down to 1,200 feet and catch fish at all depths.

The Super Glow colors and UV blast topcoats are what I use to make my saltwater jigs visible at depth.

I have never tried Neon colors but so far what I use works.

i know this is a old thread but i found this to be interesting and thought about this thread 

That's one of the techniques my mom uses to make birthday cards.

I had considered this technique for jigs but the paste type heat set adhesive is working so well I gave my mom the other stuff for her card making.

I had my prostaff test some of these foiled jigs last spring.

My best prostaffer dropped one down and pulled up a 115# pound halibut on the very first drop. He is sold on foil jigs now.

charlies%20big%20butt3_zpsktulb1za.jpg

charlies%20big%20butt2_zps7qobhtbd.jpg

Yep that jig works real good! WOW that's a big boy there. Did he use a pickup truck to land it.  :D

I had considered this technique for jigs but the paste type heat set adhesive is working so well I gave my mom the other stuff for her card making.

My best prostaffer dropped one down and pulled up a 115# pound halibut on the very first drop. He is sold on foil jigs now.

Man that's a lot of fillets!! 8O

Yep that jig works real good! WOW that's a big boy there. Did he use a pickup truck to land it.  :D

No he's landed bigger fish before. If anybody can do it Charlie can.

His actual preference is a spinning reel and a good rod that is not too stiff as it allows for jigging for these fish.

No pool cue type stand up rods.