aaarneson

Wire For Jigs?

I just scored big for wire, it is a little pricy but the stuff is awesome!!! It is permanently colored, 26 gauge copper wire in black, it is over $2.00 for 30 yards but you can twist all you want, the color will not come off and finding it in black was great. I went to a small local craft shop and asked the owner if they could order me some 24 or 26 gauge craft wire in black as they already sell green and red but I didn't expect this kind of quality, it is a little more but it is great stuff.

I just picked up some 20 gauge wire from hobby lobby in black.  Will see how it works out.

Once you guys twist the wire what do you do with it?  Push it towards the hook, wrap it around again, or something else?

Thanks

I bend mine over on top of itself, when I finish the wrap I'll twist it tight then cut the tags off to about 1/8" like Cadman but then I fold it over to the right side and then gently squeeze down with my pliers but bending back is fine too. The one thing I don't agree with is 20 gauge wire, that is a little too heavy and if you aren't use to twisting it you will cut the skirting a lot with that heavy of a wire, 24 gauge is nice as it gets nice and tight without cutting and like 26 gauge, you'll twist and break the wire before you cut through the skirt material.