Little Chardy

Do-It Mold Senko

Do-it molds has two senkos molds. Does anyone know if I can get a way with making laminated senkos with the 40 dollar one, so I don't have to buy the 98 dollar one that has a laminate plate that can be used with it. I'm sure the answer is no, but has anyone come up with a way to make laminated senkos with out spending so much money.

There's several ways to skin that cat. The answer is yes, you can. The forty dollar mold is the essentials mold and has a textured finish to it because they are sand cast molds. Personal preference on this. Some guys like it. I don't own any though. Three techniques you could try:

1. Open the mold, hand pour one color. Then close the mold and slowly, shoot second color.

2. Laminate your baits with a dual injector and blending block. This will be a more expensive option.

3. Make your own laminate plate out of aluminum foil, or if the mold will close with a thicker material, thin metal flashing or aluminum from a cola can. This method will give two half baits. Put one half back in the mold and shoot your second color.

Does this mean the more expensive one well give me a better looking bait?

Well if you want one like the ones you buy then the machined one is the ticket. You get what you pay for. As for laminates if you want a more definite line then a laminate plate is the answer. If you want more of what you see in the store then a two color injection system is the answer. If you think you are going to save money then buying them is cheaper. Cause when you start pouring your own it will get expensive quick.

I completely disagree. I personally prefer the essential finish..it's more realistic in my opinion...but everyone has their own onion!

I really don't think the fish care. I have both the Essentials mold and the CNC (and a Basstackle version) and they all shoot nice...and all catch fish.

Please explain the laminate plate out of tin foil. IV never heard of this.

It's pretty simple, you cut a piece of foil about the same size as the mold, open the mold, place the foil in between the open halves, clamp the mold shut, now shoot the mold like normal. The foil will split the bait in half, place half the bait back in the mold and shoot your second color.

As far as Essential Series molds vs CNC, I would get a sample pack of baits from Do-It so you can see both up close.   I will say I have been fishing ES Senkos all summer and have caught plenty of fish, to me CNC mold baits will catch more fisherman but ES mold baits will catch just as many fish.