canuck 2

First duel injector purchase advice suggestions appreciated

I am ready to purchase a duel injector. What do you think I need to consider before choosing the size .I have several years of single 4oz injector experience and love the hobby. Would really like to hear from the membership to avoid regrets of not getting the right size . I'm thinking the 6oz. What are the pros and con's. Thanks for any feed back and for sharing your experience.

2 hours ago, Les Young said:

I have the dual  & a single 6 ouncer from basstackle.. I have taken it apart to use in combination with the single 6 ouncer to shoot 18 ounces at a time when wanted. You can make a bunch of baits in a hurry like this. What brand is your 4 ouncer?

I second the basstackle 6 ounces. The locking pins are icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback and concerns. Safety is always on my mind. While using the single injector I have had a few nozzle blow outs while clearing after a shoot. I don't want to risk two nozzle blow out situations so will look at the upgrade.I use really good high temp gloves so have never experienced any burns .And don't ever want too. .So again thanks for your experience. I an in ontario canada .Shipping and duty/ taxes add a huge cost to importing from suppliers in the states.  Unfortunately cost is still a factor as well as safety. 

• Like 1

OIR has a good video on here about fixing the cheap injectors. He used a collar that goes on a drill bit & had a set screw to be able to tighten down where needed to install on the handle below the knob of the injector that would work great to keep the tip from shooting out. I'd check his stuff out because he has some great ideas. The video is under the" Mistake I Made Buying An Injector"  here in the soft plastics forum just a couple threads down from this one. :yay:

Edited by Les Young

It’s going to be hard to beat the Basstackle injectors. One thing I noticed tonight cleaning up after a pouring session is how easy they disassemble. You will have take them apart because plastic gets behind the plunger in the barrel of the injector and will make your injector sticky in operation. The top of the Basstackle is threaded and makes disassembly quick and easy.

• Like 1